CHAPTERS 33

A/ n: Papunta na tayo sa exciting part HAHAHAHA!

-

We came back to how we were before. Strangers. I've been avoiding V in order to succeed on my mission to forget about his damn existence, also in attempt to prevent myself from getting hurt much more that I can take. I know he's starting to notice my movements because I saw him looking at me with questioning eyes whenever we would encounter but he's not saying anything. Sometimes when V would take his chance to do so, something would came up and prevent him from doing it. I always feel relieved when that happens since I don't know what to reason out to him.

I could say I'm doing well lately. It's not fun and I'm not happy but I am well and healthy. I don't shed tears unlike before. I just feel like I need to complete the mission so my life will be better. Who I'm with most of the time is Jaeshik. He distract me from everything that would make my mood drop down to lowest. Mark would also ask my situation whenever he had a chance. Those two are my companions because they were the only one who saw my vulnerable state that day. The Queen had no idea and we forced her to believe a white lie.

Nonetheless, everything is okay. V's presence in this part of the castle also lessen. I hardly even see his shadow. Ever since that engagement party, he seems to be out oftentimes. It's good for him, he might be working on to solid the relationship between him and his fiance because from the way I see them before, they are on bad terms. The mutual hatred for each other is sipping from their bodies, I could tell that because I was there. I hope everything works well between the both of them so I could finally see them happy together, so I could finally accept that V is better off with her than me.

I swallowed the bitterness feeling and heavily sighed. The devil's den is empty, meaning the King has not come back to sleep in there since everything was still on their place when I left it yesterday. I am walking back to the kitchen with an empty tray on my hand because I drop it's containments in V's room. Hoping that if he comes back, he'll eat the food.

My routine has been changed and I was the one to blame on that. Where I eat is not in V's room anymore. I'm eating with Isabella and the rest of the maidservants in the kitchen. They were treating me nice so it's not hard to adjust at the surrounding. Moreover, Isabella is there beside me to guide my tracks and correct my mistakes.

"You're dozing off again, dear. That's a bad  habit.." Isabella playfully smack me in the head using a spoon. It doesn't hurt that much but I winced.

"I'm just thinking, Isabella.."

"Whatever you're thinking, continue it as you wash the sheets and pillowcases. Maria is there to help you.."

I turned my head to my side when I caught Maria dramatically waving her hand at me after the mention of her name. She's the girl back when V burst inside the kitchen because I was taking too long to come out. Before, that memory frightened me but now it makes me laugh. Sigh. Memories. 

Like a good servant under Isabella, I did what I was told. But I didn't realize it would cause me pain. The moment Maria and I finished washing the said things, my back ache so much it became hard for me to properly stand. Maria said that maybe because I was not used to do those things that's why my body can't hold it. Due to that, Isabella dismissed me and restrain me from doing my tasks. She pushed me into my bedroom and forced me to rest. Not that i don't mind since that is what my body wants right now. But it doesn't mean I don't feel bad that I'm leaving them with my task. Stupid weak back!

Isabella also informed me that he'll get the doctor to heal me in no time. So I am here stuck in my room waiting for that person. Not too long when he appeared along with Mark and Jaeshik as escorts. They both wore worried expression which made me laugh at them. Seriously, ever since that night, the two of them changed. It's as if they mould themselves into becoming my two elder brothers. They are protective and always worried about me. I really appreciate it but sometimes they worry for little things! Just like now. This is just a simple back ache but the look on their faces is as if I was stabbed and got severe wound! Oa.