CHAPTER 40

My memories in hell are a mix of bitter and sweet. Sweet, since I get to remember how perfect our family was when I was a child. Bitter, due to the horrible and last memory before I closed my eyes permanently that day.

Atrius. If I remember correctly, he is one of the son of uncle Lucifer, the devil of pride. Specifically, Atrius is the second child. My memories about him are only a few. The child is a psychopath. He is a sadist. My encounters with him are not pleasant as everytime our paths cross, he will scare the life out of me. Atrius have a scary horrifying smile that I am always afraid of. And he came to know that, resulting for him to keep making the same smile whenever he would see me. People around me says that I will eventually get use to it, but I never did. His evil grin haunt me even in my sleep.

The said kid is also blunt towards Royal family members. He only show respect to his father. When my father brought a human girl in hell and made her his queen, Atrius is the very first to show obvious disapproval. He doesn't like human, he looks down on them. In his opinion, having a human in our circle of family is a disgrace, thus, his disrespectful attitude towards my father grew bigger. And bigger up to the day that I was born. If Eclipsa and Taehyung wasn't there to shield me, Atrius is most likely to be my grim reaper. Which he eventually become. I wonder what punishment did they bestowed on him after killing both me and my mom. Did Lucifer tried to save his son? What happened after I was gone, why did hell only have one ruler now?

Along side my memory, is the answer as to why most of the place in hell is familiar. Not only did I received my memories back but also the questions to the mysteries that bugged me back when I'm in hell. The library is where I always confine myself when I am a toddler, there is where I read books and enhanced my knowledge. The librarian is the person who taught me how to read the unreadable letters of devil's alphabet. She's also the one who taught me how to pronounce a devil's name. No wonder she's familiar, the woman played a big role to my life before.

The forbidden place of the castle is where my family's bedroom is located. There, is also the place where I and my mother is murdered. I wonder if they forbid devils to enter the place because there is where we died. But looking back, our bedroom is still the same as when I remembered it back in childhood days. That old man before is clearly taking care of it well.

Despite regaining my memories back and the knowledge in fighting, there is still one thing that's being held back. My own devil form and abilities. I remember back then that I have beautiful dark wings. It so big that it touch the ground whenever I walk. In contrary, my horn is small. I get laughed at by Taehyung most of the time due to it. Eclipsa coax me sometimes while holding back her own laugh. Sigh. Memories.

"Dada! The pan is smoking!" Hades successfully broke my train of thoughts with his shout.

"Shit!" I groaned when what my son said is reality. The egg is now burning, looking like a charcoal. I turned off the stove and quickly put the pan on the sink, sighing so deeply as I watch the steam spread through the air.

"Is the egg okay?" I burst into laughter after hearing Hades' question. Picking him up from the floor, I giggle at his face, rubbing our nose together.

"Unfortunately no, son. But don't worry, dada will cook another one.." My son frowned causing me to raise a brow in curiosity.

"Are you okay, Dada?" His question made me paused for a while. My precious child is really growing too quickly for me to cope up. He's already noticing things that he shouldn't at the age of two. My eyes soften as I look at his little figure. Hades is really the miniature of Taehyung.

Nevertheless, I flashed a convincing smile to my kid. Brushing away all the unnecessary thoughts about his other father. It's been two years, why can't I move on? "Yes. Of course Dada is okay! Why don't you go watch some movies with uncle Jackson while dada cook. Hmm?" I felt bad for shooing him away but he's too young to understand what is happening to me.