CHAPTER 35

I'm back to square one, once again. Alaria's disappearance caused my life to be uneventful. The girl who's making me laugh despite having a situation like this, teasing me when she got the chance, annoying and persuading me to eat, is gone. She left my life as quickly as she arrived, but her departure caused a great loss to my side. I want her back because she keeps entertaining me and tolerating my attitude that is changing every second of the day. She only appeared in my life for a short time but Alaria already took a place in my heart. That girl....has become my strict older sister.

Everytime I'm wondering where could she be. In addition, that news I heard from the two guards who are gossiping, didn't help me at all. Who is that person who's going to be executed? What is her sin to be bestowed such cruel punishment? My heart suddenly weighs so heavy when I think of that. I really hope that person is not Alaria. She didn't commit any crimes so I set my heart at ease.

Another new maid was assigned to assist me. But this girl is far from Alaria and colder than the first one I got. Up until now she kept her mouth sealed and not a single second did she glance at me. On contrary, I'm always watching her movements. Her composure is calm and collected as if one mistake can finish her life.

Strangely, I'm glad she's not sparing a look at me or talking to me. Because of Alaria's case, I swear to not attached myself on any of them. They only leave me after boring their existence to my heart. They only hurt me in the end. Thus, teach me a lesson that I shouldn't open my heart to anyone easily to avoid getting hurt. Ever since I came here in this place, the only thing I received without payment is pain. A sigh came out of my lips as I rose up from bed and think of what I will do today.

All I've done for the passed few days is lay on bed. Eat which sometimes I would forget. Read books. And nothing more. I don't have the energy to exercise. Thus, I will not be surprised if one day I found my self looked like a pig.

Before I even came up with an idea, the door opened and the same maid come in. How I wish that someday, that door will reveal Alaria. The girl placed the food on the table, the scent of the foods spread through the air, it caused my stomach to churn. I moved my feet quickly to the bathroom and there I threw up my intestine. Damn it! I thought I'm over this pace already! After rinsing mouth, I went back and saw the maid about to leave.

I stopped her from her tracks. Surprisingly, she listened. "Can I request for another food? I'm sorry but I don't like that one. I want avocados and peanut butter.." I smiled apologetically to her even though she can't see it due to her bowed head.

She nod and gather the food she just delivered. Then proceeded on walking out of the room. I don't even know if she knows what I'm asking. But if she complied then I guess she knows. Moving my feet to the bed, I slumped my body on it. Once again, the door was opened and it was another person who entered. I moved further away from the bed when he walked towards my direction. He had successfully inflicted a trauma on me. The feeling that I got from my mother before had come back because of him.

"What are you requesting to your maid?" Coldly, V asked. Our warm relationship before had shattered due to his carelessness, it can never be patched up again. And even if it can, he's not trying.

I sealed my mouth and didn't answer his question. I have no energy to bicker with him right now. The only thing I'm feeling is irritation towards his fucking face. Everytime I see this man, my blood always boils. That is understandable because of what he has done to me. I don't care anymore if he becomes angry. I've experienced the worst in his hand. He's my nightmare that I once thought a beautiful dream.

V just shot me a glare when I didn't respond to his question. Why would I answer? He has lost the chance to have a proper conversation with me the moment he force himself to me. All he is to me now is the person who causes me misery. The root of my problems. The one making me shed tears uncontrollably. I badly want to escape this shitty place because of him. It's his fault that this magical place is like a trashcan to my eyes now.