CHAPTER 45

Jeongguk's PoV

I ignored the curious and judging eyes of the devil folks when they witnessed how my son transformed. It's not like I can turn back the time and prevent my son from doing the stunt. The best thing to do now is to not care about their skeptical looks.

Hades is still in his devil form. He seems to like it when his horns, tail, and wings are out so I didn't push him to hide them again. I also like looking at him in this form because I feel like my son is free. I guess I was right when I thought that Hades will be the one to enjoy this little exploring the most. In addition, it seemed that I will as well find it enjoyable as I see how much my son is happy jumping around from stall to stall.

We are currently at a market where the trading is happening. This is just like the human world but with devils as population. There are devils who bring shows to the children as well. Hades went there first to watch with the other devils his age. Of course I tagged along to stay beside him. The devil doing the show is a member of the Royal Family seeing as he can manipulate water from the fountain. It must be his gift.

Normal devils don't usually have abilities and powers. Only those who are gifted and a member of the Royal Family can have that. The devil smiled at my son and the water ball float, stopping just above my son's palm. In Hades'eyes, the visible amusement can be seen. He stare at the water ball like it's the prettiest he have ever saw. Hades then poked the water ball using his index finger and then giggled when it popped. His cute reaction made me crack a genuine smile.

The man retrieved the water ball to gather the small pieces and put it back to it's round shape. His eyes never left my son as if he's trying to figure him out.

"You have a powerful little devil, human. His other parent must have been from the Royal Family.." The man said, now looking at me. I tensed up due to that statement. He can't possibly know he's the son of the current king right? But his statement is wrong because even though Taehyung is the current king of hell, he is not from the Royal family. If you consider it, I am the one who is a royalty. However, I am weak so Hades must have inherit the powers of Taehyung if what the man said is true.

"Sorry, sir but you are mistaken." I politely disagreed with him. The man just raised his brows, the raw disbelieve is written on his face. He can believe his words or my words. I don't care. Hades is my son and no one else's and I'm not going to give him up if one day they found out that he is the rightful next ruler of hell.

Hades grew bored of the show so he pulled me away. We went to the nearby stall which is selling jewelries. Nothing seems to peek my son's interest and I'm not interested in anything inside as well so we left as quickly as we arrived. Our next stop is in front of the stall the sells fruits. I laughed as I heard Hades' stomach growl just by staring at the fruits in display. We ended up tasting different kinds until our stomach grew big again. I'm not joking when I said his stomach is like an endless pit.

A sigh escaped my lips once I was seated on the bench under a tree. Hades is beside me doing the same pose that I am doing. The sky has changed colors. It's really like the sky in the human world. "Did you have fun today, son?" I turn to look at Hades only to see him bobbing his head, drifting off to sleep. A smile crept up to my face and I let him use my lap as pillow. Brushing his bangs off of his face, everything felt peaceful. "I guess you did, huh?" He only groaned to answer me and then he finally slept. God, I wish this never end.

I rest my back on the bench then close my eyes. The exhaustion is starting to assault my body, making me feel so worn out. I never knew it is this tiring to accompany a kid with bursting energy in his veins. His curiosity is beyond my control. But I'm glad he knows how to restrain himself and take me into consideration. He never let me lose sight on him. My son is very responsible and reliable.