CHAPTER 19

I didn't count the time that passed until V can move his body again. The birds are chirping when I opened my eyes. I fell asleep. I tried to move my legs but it was heavy, that is because V is sleeping on my lap. And now, my legs are numb.

"Did you pack your things?" V asked in a hoarse voice. So he was awake.

"I did.." I answered while I put my hand on top of his head.

"Rest. We will leave later.." he scooted and curled like a fetus while covered in blanket. Cute.

"I think I rest enough, but have you?"

"I'm fine.."

"Then...I'm glad.." we fell in silence after he refused to speak. I rest the back of my neck on the sofa and enjoyed the quiet morning. The birds chirping. The leaves falling on the ground, it is so peaceful that I can even hear that.

"Thank you.." V whispered.

"What's that?"

He hid his face with the blanket. "I said thank you....you didn't leave me last night.."

"You're welcome.." I said with a big smile plastered on my face. This is the first time I hear him thank me. I must say, it made me happy. "Why are we leaving?" I asked.

"The devils are coming for you. This place is not safe anymore.."

"Why me?"

"Because you are Satan's child. The devils that attacked us hold grudge against your father. The former king is dead already, that's why they want to kill his child.."

"Wow, I'm unlucky.." I bitterly smiled at myself. "So why are they approaching now? Why didn't they kill me when I was a kid?"

"Because your mother is secretly protecting you. She makes sure to kill the devils that are targeting you even before they lay their hands on you. I saw her fight once, she's a very quiet and trained assassin.."

"I-is that so?"

"Yes. Don't cry.." he warned me and I laughed. A genuine one.

"I'm not going to. I'm even happy now after hearing that. My mother deserves the most outstanding award for being the best mother. I wish I saw her fight.."

"You would not want to. Unless you want to watch a bloody killing with devil's insides flying and scattered on the floor. Your mother is ruthless in battle field just like your father. Her brutality is even worse. She don't know how to feel pity..." V shook his head as if it was just yesterday when he saw my mother fight. "They really deserve each other. Your mom and your dad."

"Yeah.."

We rest for a bit until he decided to stand up. He said that he is now fully healed though I can clearly see that he can't even stand straight. I laughed at him while he glared at me. We don't have a car for transportation so he use his teleportation power to go to the restaurant. I asked him a favor if I could at least say goodbye to my friends. He said just make it quick.

"Jin hyung!" I hugged him from behind. He's the only person I spotted inside the restaurant. I guess we went here a bit early. Jin hyung is currently tying his apron and was shocked because of my sudden outburst.

"Kookie? Why? Are you crying?" He asked concerned.

"I'm sorry if I worried you always. I'm sorry for giving you a hard time. I'm sorry if I was not a perfect boss. I'm sorry. I just want you to know that you are the best. Thank you for your concern to me. I love you and will love you as my hyung always.." I started spitting nonsense while crying.