CHAPTER 25

"So..where are we going?" I finally got to ask the pissed off man walking in front of me.

He hasn't turn around ever since we walked away from the kitchen. We'd been waking for like 30 minutes and my feet are starting to kill me. Maybe this is his punishment for what I did. Maybe V is enjoying this torture. I deserve it tho so let it be.

V didn't respond quickly but he eventually did. I can hear from his voice that he's not really happy. And I am the one to blame. "Somewhere.." was what he said. I pouted my lips and just continue following him, I guess he's not sure too where we will head. This walk wasn't planned after all. "I guess I'll show you around the castle like what I've promised."

My head shot up to look at him but I frowned in an instant when all I see is his back. Of course. "Really? But you don't have to do that anymore. You need rest—you know what, I think we should go back now. The doctor might be looking for you.." I stopped from my track and turn around to go back but the reality hit my face like a rock the moment I did that. Fuck, how am I suppose to go back if I don't have any idea where I am.

"When I said I'll show you around, I'll show you around.." V said with an stern voice. I sighed, since I don't have any choice I just accepted his offer and now we are walking side by side again.

I was silent the whole time just listening to V's explanation about the places we'd been to. I learned a lot and saw so many places that the Queen and I missed. Our next stop was a garden full of magical animals and plants. When I entered it, I feel like I'm in another realm. There are no sun but it's bright in the garden. The flowers are all beautiful and smell nice too. Numerous kind of butterflies flew around the garden that made me giggle due to the beauty all of them held. For once I forgot that I'm inside the castle.

"Oh look there's a rabbit!!" I excitedly pointed at the animal with a unusual color while I glance at V. It is clearly him that I'm talking to.

His brows furrowed in confusion as to why I'm telling him that there's a rabbit. His face leaked: 'And?'. I rolled my eyes at him and he gave me an amused smirk. The excitement in my eyes dimmed when the rabbit hopped away from me, probably because I startled him with my sudden squeal.

"The rabbit is getting away! Quick V! Freeze it!" I screamed to the confused devil watching from the distance and sitting on a wooden bench.

His eyebrows shot up. "Freeze?" He questioned.

I rolled my eyes at him. Is he trying to act stupid right now? I'm glad he can't hear my thoughts anymore for if he still do, I'd be likely hanged on the ceiling by now. "Freeze! Like what you did to my mom before!?" I widened my eyes at him. The mention of my mom didn't affect me as much as before. Clearly because I've already moved on but the gap in my heart is still there.

"Ah.." V nodded his head in understanding. The excitement in my system came back because of that. "No. I can't do that anymore.." and the excitement left me again. My eyes become dull as I look at him.

"Are you serious right now? Why?"

"Because that power was not originally mine. Jackson just lended it to me for testing—something like that. If you want to freeze the rabbit, go get Jackson to do that.." he shrugged.

"Seriously you stupid devil.." I mumbled to myself, making sure he didn't hear. When he didn't react it dawned on me that the words really didn't reach his ear. And I am thankful for that.

Because I can't catch the rabbit, I felt bored so I marched to V and sat beside him. I wondered why a garden like this is existing in this kind of place. This hell doesn't even have a sun, just darkness. I turn to V to ask him. "How come you have a garden like this here?"