CHAPTER 18

My life will never be the same again, I know that. My mother's death left a hole in my heart. A hole that I think will never be filled again. No one can love me the way she does. It's sad to admit but even my friends can't fill that hole. They can love me to the fullest but I will still miss the love my mother showered me when I was growing up.

Yes, she treated me as if I'm a monster and tried to kill me every night but at daylight, she loved me more than herself. She made me what I am now. Her bad treatments also made me strong. So I don't hold grudge. I'm just sad.

My life might not revert to normal again but that doesn't mean it will not continue anymore. I still have people around me that I love and might feel bad if I just cut my lifespan so I chose to move on. And now, here we are.

I'm near accomplishing this mission. I'm near accepting her death. With the help of my friends, I can say that I'm slowly moving on. Half of me is already done mourning over my mother's dead body while the other half is on progress. I'm not that depressed anymore. My crying days already lessen. A very good sign that I'm doing well.

After I took Jenny here in the restaurant and let her help us, she became fond of the work. Aunt Jaein often drop her here. Not because she wants us to babysit her child but because her child is so persistent to help at the restaurant. She is also closer to Jin hyung than any of us because she likes to be in the kitchen more but I'm still her favorite according to her. And she still hates V, she told me that V is dangerous. She's a very very weird kid.

As for namjoon hyung, he'd been kicked out and revert to being a waiter again. We recruited another two people to help Jin hyung in the kitchen too. Now he doesn't complain anymore.

Nothing much has change. Expect for V. This goddamn devil is becoming weirder and weirder day by day! My friends might not notice this but V is always so cautious about the surrounding. He eyes me like a hawk and he is always alert as if any minute now devils will appear and attack me. He always make sure that I don't wander too far. He is acting more like my guard now. I just let him be. As long as he's doing his work at the restaurant I don't mind.

Time check, it is lunch time and we are all gathered around the table to eat, including V though he hate it because Jenny is sitting beside me on my right and the girl is closer to me than he is. Fuck immaturity.

"Okay, should we pray first before we eat?" Jin hyung asked, eyes widening at all of us.

I automatically look at V. He look at me as well, brows furrowed, asking me why I immediately look at him. Well, duh he's a devil. Devil are God's archenemy right? What if prayers are bad for him and he suddenly turn into ash as if we're exorcising him. Then he rolled his eyes and motion his hand to continue a sign that it is fine for him.

And so we hold hands in circles and Jin hyung lead the prayer, after that we ate like a family. Jin hyung keeps spoiling Jenny, as for the girl, she enjoys his company.

"Jeonggukie oppa, you should have this.." Jenny put a shrimp on my bowl. I smiled and thanked her. But when I was about to eat it, V grabbed the shrimp and put it in his mouth while glaring at Jenny.

"What the.." was all I said as I watch him chew.

"It taste bad, you should have this instead.." V put a vegetable on my bowl.

And of course, because Jenny and V are sharing the same braincells, Jenny took the vegetable and she ate it, doing the exact same thing that V did. Damn. She doesn't have any idea that she's currently in a war with the Hell's King. A very childish king.

The both of them started arguing and putting various of dishes on my bowl, resulting for me to not eat properly. The three of us even forgot that there are other people eating with us. That is until someone spoke.