001.

────── ✾ ────── 

august 2002

────── ✾ ────── 

The autumn sun shone brightly from the cloudless sky, lighting the grey stone buildings surrounding the campus of Cambridge University. Students of different ages walked around the premises of the school, talking about their previous classes or complaining how much homework they have to do. 

Rosemary Venice finished her last class in classroom eight. She could barely keep her eyes open, that's how tired she was. She had spent last night reading for her upcoming exam that is to take in two days. She has always been an over achiever, studying late and making extra notes just in case.

Rose was very smart and while other parents tells their child that they can become the next world leader ― Ellen Venice and May Hathaway knew that their daughter will be one.

Although Rose was more interested in literature and history instead of politics. She aspired to be a writer one day perhaps, if everything goes according to her plan. On top of being academically talented, Rose was musically talented and could easily begin a career in the music industry. 

She didn't want that however.

She glanced at her wrist, checking the time on the watch she had received from uncle Jakob before she left the small shore town of Sweden and headed to Cambridge, England. She remembers her honorary uncle with such warmth and love, he's really been the only man influence in her life.

Rose watched the pointers of her watch moving, making time move forwards. Time has always been an interesting concept for Rose ― according to her doctors, she was born nearly two months too early when she was brought to the fire station by Mr Kane who was present when Rose was born in her mother's bedroom with no medical assistant. So in all reality, time was crucial to a baby born two months too early and without any medical care right away after birth ― she could had died just like her mother. 

Mima May likes to say that Rose defies time ― and she did. 

"I am so sorry!"

Theodore Nott ran to his girlfriend of four years and wrapped her into his arms without another word or thought. He lifted her up and twirled her around the air before placing her back on the ground, gravity taking Rose back. 

Rose arched her eyebrow and smirked. "What are you sorry about?"

"I'm late, I know that but Johnson insisted that I'll do an extra shift," explained Theo, earning a wide grin from Rose.

When she found him from the small forest of Fjällbacka, it seemed that Theo was someone who has never done a day of work in his life. He was absolutely, utterly disastrous at first. He didn't know anything about manual labour and complained all the time. It was only the good of Jakob Malm's heart that he allowed Theo to work for him. Theo was clumsy and didn't even know how to wipe a table.