003.

────── ✾ ────── 

september 2002

────── ✾ ──────

Rosemary Gwendolyn Joy Venice learned that she was musically talented when she managed to play Claire de Lune without knowing the notes or having them written in front of her. Her mothers bought Rose her very own piano the next day and not a day has passed when she hasn't played. Things were different now of course ― she doesn't live there anymore.

Unfortunately a piano doesn't fit into Rose and Theo's apartment, so to fill that emptiness the lack of playing has given her  ― Rose played in a local cafe every Saturday. She would take suggestions from her 'audience' and just play them out.

Playing made her forget about the stress and worries she experiences every now and then because of school. Rose was a perfectionist, meaning that no matter how well she does things, she always aspires to be better.

It was hard when she was a child ― especially when her magical abilities came to light.

Oh how she hated her magic.

According to her mothers, her first signs of magic happened when she was just months old but she herself didn't realize it until she was four. Even then, she didn't quite understand what she was doing and what it meant but at the age of seven, she chose to hate her abilities.

It was hard to control at first and especially with her obsession with perfection ― she was a mess.

Then on her eleventh birthday, an older woman with a long cloak appeared to her home's front steps in Fjällbacka. She introduced herself as a professor ― a professor from a magic school in the Scottish highlands. Rose's mothers were grateful for the explanation of their daughter's abilities and while they were strongly against letting their daughter go ― going to a magic school was up to Rose.

Rose had thanked the professor but chose not to go with her.

She didn't need her life to change nor did she want it to.

The professor was however kind and left some books for Rose from which she learned to control her magic. It was hard at first and the perfectionist she was ― was rather upset when she couldn't control her magical outbursts.

In time Rose learned and her life became so much easier. She could go to her friends without worrying if she levitates them or breaks windows with her mind.

"Oh come on," muttered Rose.

She was holding a glass in her hands ― or what was left of her glass. She was normally very careful with her magic and knew how to control it but for some reason, she had manage to break a glass that just a few seconds ago held her morning water.