014.

────── ✾ ────── 

february 2003

────── ✾ ────── 

Theo walked on eggshells for several days.

It had taken forever for Draco to leave the apartment, with a promise from Rose that she and Theo will attend a family dinner the next weekend. Rose liked to call herself a persuading person but it seemed that Draco shared that quality as well and like in all wars, there could only be one winner.

Draco won this one but Rose had declared that she won't be pushed around by Draco or his family once she meets them. If Theo was being honest ― he was a little excited to see how the Malfoys will react to his witty and really inappropriate girlfriend. He particularly waited to see Draco's grandparents' reactions to Rose's family which wasn't the most "traditional" one ― according to the old and pureblooded.

Meeting Rose was going to be a cultural shock to the Malfoys no matter what.

Being introduced to Theo's past was something Rosemary never thought would happen. Theo has always been so secretive and mysterious when it came to his life before Rose so to actually meet the people of Theo's life, was nerve-wrecking. 

She knew they were old fashioned ― Theo had told her that much. They were very prejudice and judging. Rose had translated this as an indirect way of saying she isn't good enough for them. She wasn't traditional, she wasn't raised the way Theo was ― in manors surrounded by heirlooms and traditions. 

"I look ridiculous," she said.

Rose and Theo were walking towards the manor where Theo spent most of his childhood. Rose was wearing a black dress which was nothing like her, and a pair of fake diamond earrings she had bought in panic the other evening. Inez had done her hair in a way you could never see Rose with.

"You look beautiful," corrected Theo, placing a kiss on Rose's cheek. 

Rose shook her head. "No, I look like a freaking doll."

Gigantic iron gates appeared to their sight and while Theo drew a big breath in and exhaled, Rose stopped on her heels. Theo managed to walk a few steps before realizing the absence near him and turned around. 

"Rosie?" He asked and closed the distance between them.

"That is not a manor, that is a fucking castle. Why didn't you tell me you lived in a castle?" 

Theo shook his head. "This is Draco's home, not mine."

"You basically grew up here," said Rose, repeating the words Theo has once said to her.