033.

────── ✾ ────── 

december 2003

────── ✾ ────── 

After Abraxas had revealed decades old secret, Narcissa and Lucius ran to the foyer to stop Rose from leaving but she and Theo were long gone. Narcissa ran outside, hoping that she might catch the girl but her legs gave up and she fell on the snowy ground, her tears falling on the ground.

She was a witch, her husband was a wizard and they could have easily go after Rose but something stopped them. What Abraxas had said was true and they needed to come up with a plan ― a plan how to break the news to Rose. They were going to have to do it gently.

"Cissa..." Lucius sighed and helped his wife up from the cold ground.

Narcissa sniffed, digging her maniquered nails into her husband's arm for better support.

"H-how could this happen?" She asked. "How didn't we see it?"

"See what? That my father made us think our daughter had died?" Lucius questioned — he knew Narcissa was going to blame herself for not being observant enough.

Narcissa shook her head. "I-I don't know.... Merlin, I really thought she was dead. I thought I had done something wrong and that's why you didn't have a daughter to spoil or Draco had a sister to play with..." she broke into a sob.

When Lyra had died ― she never truly even lived ― Narcissa didn't leave her bed for months. She barely ate, the only comfort was her husband and son. She knew that if she didn't have her son, she might had given up.

Those words hurt Lucius more than any Cruciatus Curse could ever. He knew the pain Narcisa had been in ― he shared the pain of loosing their baby girl as well ― but he knew it was different for Narcissa. She thought it was her fault although Lucius had always assured this wasn't the case.

"You know it wasn't your fault, even if Lyra had truly died. This is all my father's fault and I will personally make sure he will suffer," Lucius assured.

Narcissa managed to nodd before the image of pure hatred in Rose's ― her own daughter's ― eyes came to her. Rose loathed her, thought she was some cold-hearted bitch. Narcissa herself never had real reasons to dislike Rose. Sure, she didn't like the fact that she was a muggle (which she was not), nor that she was one of the reasons why Theo's been away.

The real reason why Narcissa couldn't accept Rose was because she felt that in order to accept Rose, she would replaced Lyra. The same goes with Astoria.

"She will never accept this..." Narcissa muttered when Lucius guided her inside the Manor.

"She hates us, Lucius. She loathes me..." she continued.