013.

────── ✾ ────── 

january 2003

────── ✾ ────── 

It had been a good morning until Theo told Rose that he was going to meet Draco. Rose knew it was coming but she didn't expect it to happen so fast. She and Theo have been in Cambridge for only two weeks when Theo broke her the news over breakfast. Rose had smiled politely at her boyfriend although she would rather stab her hand with a fork.

Luckily for Rose, she was going to spend her entire day running from lecture to lecture so it was unlikely for her to have time to see Draco. She had even asked for an extra study group meeting just to avoid seeing the blonde boy who has been bugging her for the past months.

"If we meet at six?" Chloe ― one of Rose's literature class friends ― asked.

"Sounds good. Say we meet by the fountain?" Rose said while gathering her books on the desk in front of her. "Oh and Jones asked if he could come as well. I said it's okay."

Chloe nodded with a bright and relieved smile. "Thank god for you, Rosemary. I am totally flunking this exam if it wasn't for you."

"No worries. I can always use a little more study time," Rose said and with that, Chloe said her goodbyes. 

Rose stayed behind in the library to wait for Inez who was just about to finish her second lecture of the day. Rose was going to have lunch with Inez before spending the rest of her day in lectures and study groups ― anything to keep herself busy for the day just so she doesn't have to face Draco Malfoy. 

She has tried her best to prep herself to the possible meeting she might have with him but she was doing her best to avoid it. Although Theo was going to see Draco at Henry's ― a nice little coffee place just fifteen minutes away from the university's campus. 

"So today is the big day?" Inez asked when she sat next to Rose.

"Don't remind me," groaned Rose but accepted the cup of coffee Inez was holding out for her. 

Inez rolled her eyes as she took out her books and placed them on the table.

"I don't have to see him, so that's good," Rose said and returned to her book.

Fifteen minutes away from her campus, two young men who were more like brothers and friends sat down with afternoon glasses of scotch. Theo had been very nervous to see Draco, especially now that this meeting was an arranged one unlike the one before when they just ran into each other, Rose by Theo's side. For the entire afternoon, Theo had been doubting if he should just stay at home and not see Draco.