043.

────── ✾ ────── 

march 2004

────── ✾ ────── 

Rose has never been too good with feelings. She knew what they were and how to feel them but she wasn't the first person to go to if you were feeling sad. She has always been conflicted by sadness. It was a feeling she was familiar with but she couldn't quite explain it or express it. She was more of a angry person if she was sad and not one who cries. 

So when she heard crying coming from the family room, she stopped and panicked a little. Not wanting to interact with this person, Rose headed to the kitchen to see if anyone else was around to comfort this crying person. Unfortunately for Rose, no one seemed to be around and that was when she remembered her mothers telling her that they were going to get some fresh vegetables from the market.

"Damn it," muttered Rose.

She walked past the family room really quietly not to distract this crying person ― who she could swear was Narcissa Malfoy. 

Ever since her return to Fjällbacka, only a few days ago, the Malfoys had managed to get a place from the Inn just by the harbor. Rose was ― and so was Theo ― stunned to find out that the Malfoys and Blacks had done this. Taking a place from a muggle Inn.

Rose hasn't talked to the woman in several days and has tried to avoid her at any cause. 

As she was almost free from the crying zone and nearly managed to leave the house, she heard familiar giggling from between Narcissa's sobs. Rose cursed in her mind and knew that she just couldn't leave the woman be. She walked back and stopped by the threshold which separated the family room from the foyer.

"You really shouldn't be watching that," said Rose, leaning against the wall.

Narcissa flinched and turned to look at Rose who was looking at her. The younger blonde kept her face straight and unbothered while the older one's teary eyes spilled more tears.

"You were such a beautiful child, you still are," Narcissa managed to say before turning her face back towards the television. "Your hair was curly."

Rose sighed, trying her best to keep her cool. "It still is. I just straighten it most of the time," she said.

"Oh," said Narcissa, a sad smile shining from her face. "How old were you?" She asked and pointed at the television.

"Ummm..." started Rose and moved away from the wall. She walked into the family room to see which home movie Narcissa was talking about. 

The television was showing a video of a three years old Rose running around the gardens. She was wearing her Little Mermaid pajamas while Mimi Ellen was chasing her and Mima May filmed the happy moment.