PROLOGUE

────── ✾ ────── 

september 1997

 ────── ✾ ────── september 1997

 ────── ✾ ────── 

The summer had already started to turn into a fall when Rosemary Venice started her last year of high school before setting for her next adventure; university. This was the most normal thing she could ever do and she was happy about it. She was excited for her future, her dream of studying English literature becoming true at last. While she was grateful and fortunate, she was feeling melancholy by the thought of leaving her mums.

Mimi Ellen and Mima May were the two most important people to Rose, and all the things she has achieved in her life were because of the two of them. They had chosen Rose to be their child, they had spoiled her but made sure that she has a sense of life in her and they were the ones who were always there for her. They didn't leave her because of her magic and many times Rose wondered what might had happened it they did.

Running footsteps hit the upstair floor before they found their way to stairs and through them, to the kitchen. The Venice - Hathaway residence was a beautiful house in Fjällbacka, Sweden. A two story house with a large garden, porch swing, an arts room for Ellen and Rose to paint new landscapes and a big kitchen for May to bake cakes in. As a village, Fjällbacka was like right out of a storybook with its gorgeous shores, little woods and fisherman boats. 

"Top of the morning," grinned Rose when she entered the kitchen.

Ellen lifted her gaze from her book and smiled at the girl. "Good morning sweet thing."

Rose took her seat from her usual place where her cup of coffee and toast were already waiting for her. "Where's Mima May?" She asked before taking a sip of her coffee.

Before Ellen could had say anything, Rose saw a glimpse of greying hair appearing from behind the kitchen islet. Rose couldn't help but chuckle, it wasn't unusual for Mima May to be rearranging cabinets or bake when she was being nervous.

"We've done this for years," said Rose with a grin and May slowly stood up. "Next year will be the bad one. Me, going away to..."

"Oh don't even remind me," cried May, leaping to Rose and wrapping her arms around the girl's shoulders. She placed a kiss on her head full of blonde hair and sighed heavily.

"May darling, don't suffocate the girl," chuckled Ellen and placed her book down on the brown wooden table. "I would like to have her around."

Rose shoved her tongue at Ellen who merely grinned at her. "Any plans for the day? Now that I'm off to spend my days in school instead of with you two."

"You do know that we have a life," smirked Ellen although May seemed to disagree as she shook her head. "Oh come now May, we are not living our lives only for her."