002.

────── ✾ ────── 

august 2002

────── ✾ ────── 

It wasn't unusual to Theodore Matheus Nott to wake up in the middle of the night because of a nightmare. Although these nightmares were more like memories of his past. He would often wake up clutching his chest and breathing so heavily that sometimes he even managed to wake up Rose. He always tried not to though ― he didn't wish to tell her what his nightmares were about.

He has told her some things like that his father was a jerk and mother died before he learned to roll over. He was basically raised by his best friend's family whom he considered as his.

But the magic part ― he has left that out. He was going to tell her, it has been in his plans for years now but every time he tends to do so, he chickens out. He has never cared for anyone the way he cares for Rose and the fear of loosing her over his past weights on him. But if he was never to go back to his past life, there was really no point of telling her and scaring her off.

Theo was laying on the living room couch, his eyes fixated at the ceiling.

He had woken up to a nightmare ― one that reminded him of the time just before he left his old life. He didn't want to wake Rose so he went to the living room and when he couldn't fall asleep again, he just stared at the ceiling.

He reminisced his life before Rose ― it was dark and sad. He was dark and sad. His childhood was quite all right. His father was absent so Theo spend most of his time with his best friend and his family. He used to spend hours and hours at his best friend's ― he ended up spending so much time there that he got his own room.

He really considered them as his family ― they were always there for him in ways his father never was. Theo has grown his entire life believing that his father hated him because of his mother. Leonore Nott had died two months after the birth of her son ― according to the healers the deliver weakened her body. The last two months of her life she was trapped in bed, praying for a miracle that never happened.

When Theo told this to Rose, she only smiled at him softly. Her story was a lot like his although her biological mother had died right away and there was no father. Mr Kane had told Rose that her father was a man who didn't care enough to be there for Rose or her mother.

Sometimes Theo wondered what did he do that was so good. Something so good that he got Rose.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

Theo lifted his head from his pillow and saw Rose standing just behind the couch. He gave her a half-smile.

"Couldn't sleep," he explained.