044.

────── ✾ ────── 

march 2004

────── ✾ ────── 

Rosemary has never needed a father.

She's been perfectly without one. She has her mothers and uncle Jakob whenever she needs him. She has never thought about her biological father that much ― according to Mr Kane who actually turned out to be Abraxas Malfoy ― Rose's father was someone who didn't want her or her biological mother.

Now that the Malfoys had settled themselves in Fjällbacka ― much for Rose's displease ― she has had no choice than to have some "bonding" time with them. But it wasn't as simple as that. She had given the family a deadline, a serious one which she was going to hold onto. 

If Rose wasn't going to be comfortable with the Malfoys and their extended family in the next days, she was going to walk away from them for good and they won't be allowed to follow her. 

Rose chose to spend an afternoon with Lucius first since he was the lesser of the two evils. She talked to him and while he did look at her like she was his little girl ― he was able to keep his head cool unlike Narcissa who spilled tears every time she saw Rose.

"You are good at this," said Lucius after Rose moved her knight on the chessboard.

"I just can't believe you agreed to play the human version," smirked Rose, leaning her back against her chair to be more comfortable.

Lucius barked a laugh. "Yes well I suppose I need to expand my believes."

"You didn't want to do that when I was just Theo's girlfriend," reminded Rose. "And now you do."

"That's before I knew you were my...."

Rose arched her brow in a very Narcissa alike manner which made Lucius shut his mouth. He knew that Rose didn't feel comfortable with the word.

"I'm still just Theo's girlfriend," said Rose with a glare. "I just happen to have the same blood in my veins as you and your wife. That's all."

Lucius knew that wasn't all. 

It wasn't just blood ― Rosemary was his daughter. His and Narcissa's and they didn't get to see her grow up. They didn't even know the girl was alive. So when Abraxas told them that Theodore's girlfriend is actually their daughter, they thought they could make up for the lost time and have a good relationship with their daughter.

They couldn't have been more wrong.

Rose didn't want to have anything to do with Lucius nor Narcissa ― at least not in a way that would please the couple.