027.

────── ✾ ────── 

august 2003

────── ✾ ────── 

Rose forgot all about Druella and their conversation within weeks. Theo on the other hand did not and the thought Rose had shared with him, bothered the hell out of him. He didn't want to admit it but it made sense ― maybe there has been another Malfoy child before Draco, one that was no longer there. But then again, Theo was sure he would know if this really was the case. He lived with the Malfoys for god sake. He was like a son to them, he would know. 

Or at least Draco would had said something. Unless he didn't know either.

Theo thought he would like to ask Narcissa or Lucius about it but he didn't. It would be rude and really, the chances for it to be true were close to zero. He has seen pictures of them before Draco, and not once has there been a child. 

Then he thought that perhaps there was never another child but another pregnancy which didn't end like expected. 

He swiped the thought under a rug just like Rose had done ― after all, it didn't make sense. Not after all these years. 

Since meeting with Druella, the Malfoys and Blacks had given surprisingly a lot of space for Theo and Rose. They appreciated it of course but it was a little strange ― nice but strange. But they knew it was only temporary. 

Although Rose had wished and hoped that the Malfoys and Blacks would not be a part of her life, she was wrong to wish so. They were going to be there no matter how much she wanted to avoid them. 

"So if I do this...." said Rose as she narrowed her eyes and focused on a piece of paper. "....it should levitate up?"

Against all of her beliefs, Rose had agreed to learn some magic. Lately her magic's been more out of control than ever and when Theo suggested that he could teach her ways to control it. Rose objected this at first ― it was unnatural and she hated magic ― but after managing to shatter three more glasses with her magic, Rose had no choice than to let Theo help her. 

"Yes but you have to really focus. It's easier with a wand," explained Theo.

Rose turned to look at Theo. "A wand? Of course, you have a wand. A magic wand with magical sparks and stuff."

"Mmmm I have a wand, and I had an owl. A broom and potions as well," said Theo and grinned. 

"That is so weird," muttered Rose.

"And yet it was completely normal," Theo added.

It was strange to think that all of those unnatural things were more than natural for Theo. Those ridiculous things you read about in children's stories about fairies and witches and dragons, all that was real. Rose never knew there were people like her ― people with magic. There was a whole world of magical people with their owls and broom, weird little creatures and wands.