022.

────── ✾ ──────

june 2003

────── ✾ ──────

Summer in Sweden was beautiful, fun and calm and Rose couldn't wait for it to start. She had finished her last class of semester earlier the week and was all ready and packed for summer. This year, summer felt even better than the years before and maybe it had something to do with the fact that Rose had finally told Theo the truth ― truth which wasn't so horrible after all.

Theo was a wizard and Rose was a witch.

They were a match made in Heaven or whatever those magical beings believed in.

With Theo's permission, Rose informed her mothers and Inez about Theo's identity as a wizard ― none of them were too surprised to hear the truth. In the process Rose had absentmindedly told the truth about the Malfoys as well which later on bit her in the arse.

Ellen and May had insisted that they will get to meet the Malfoys.

Rose said no at first and half expected her mothers to be all right with it ― they knew how much she loathed Draco Malfoy and his family. However, Rose was wrong and her mothers didn't give her a choice.

She understood it though. If her child would be dating someone with a horrible (surrogate) family, she would want to meet those people.

To make it less awkward and her life easier, Rose send Theo to be the messenger. He wasn't too excited of Ellen and May's idea either ― he knew that no one from the family of Malfoys exactly agreed with the lifestyle of Rose and her family.

While Theo was making his way to the Malfoys, Rose got a visit from a surprising person. Mr Kane was standing just by the threshold of Rose and Theo's apartment.

Rose hasn't seen the man for awhile but it didn't mean that she wasn't happy to see him now. He used to be like a grandfather to her ― visiting her on her birthdays, sending her gifts when he couldn't.

"Look at you, all grown up," said Mr Kane.

He didn't smile ― he was a man who didn't really show his emotions but Rose knew he cared for her. He knew her mother, he was there when Rose was born and has been in her life even when she was adopted.

"Hey," smiled Rose and went to hug her grandfather figure when he opened his arms for her.

Once they had greeted each other, Rose invited Mr Kane further into the apartment. Because Mr Kane's visit was a surprise Rose didn't really have anything to offer but water and coffee but Kane assured he didn't need anything.

"I spoke to Ellen and May awhile ago, they told me that they want to meet Theo's family," said Mr Kane as he sat down.

Rose cringed. "Yeah. Theo's actually on his way to see them."