049.

────── ✾ ────── 

april 2004

────── ✾ ────── 

May and Ellen were thrilled to hear Theo had proposed to Rose. They all knew it was going to be a while until the wedding but they liked the idea that Rose was finally moving on from the mess the Malfoys had made. Jacob had made a face when the news of Rose and Theo's engagement was announced to him ― he did like Theo but he was always going to be very protective of Rose.

Jacob actually knew about Theo's plans to officially ask Rose to marry him. A few days before proposing, Theo had visited Jacob and asked his blessing ― Theo had asked this from May and Ellen as well. 

A week after the happy news, Theo and Rose packed their bags and headed to Cambridge. Rose was nervous to go back for many reasons but the main was the Malfoys. She was aware they didn't live in Cambridge and would probably be in the dark of her arrival but still, she was anxious. But what was good about going back was the fact that Rose was finally able to see Inez.

"I am so glad you are back," Inez sighed when she and Rose walked down the corridors of Cambridge's University. "It's been so dull here without you."

Rose chuckled and wrapped her arm around Inez's shoulder.

"I'm glad to be back too. And I've missed you like crazy," said Rose.

"Well clearly. I mean you got engaged. Girl, you're insane," Inez grinned.

Inez was very supportive of Rose and Theo's future plans but she liked to make fun of Rose. 

Rose rolled her eyes. "Very hilarious. But we're not getting married any time soon, if ever. Theo's up for the engaged forever thing."

"Good. I would hate to think I'm loosing you to marriage."

"Oh you will never loose me. I told Theo we need to get a flat big enough so you can move in. He knows we are a package deal," Rose said. 

Inez sighed. "Poor Theodore Nott."

"Tell me about it," smirked Rose. 

They walked all the way to the library and found their usual spot. Inez laid her books on the table like a hurricane had made its way through the library while Rose neatly placed her belongings on one of the chairs. 

Some people might think studying was boring and sometimes even Rose thought so ― rarely but sometimes ― but now even the most dullest thing in the world would make her happy. She has gone through enough excitement and anxiety for a lifetime.