037.

────── ✾ ────── 

decemebr 2003

────── ✾ ────── 

Lucius Malfoy had to nearly drag his hysterical wife out of the Venice - Hathaway residence once Rose began to yell all the reasons why she wanted nothing to do with them. Rose's words were hurtful but it was the truth behind those words which hurt more than the words themselves. Reluctantly the whole family left Fjällbacka and Apparated back home where Narcissa fell apart completely. 

She knew that convincing Rose of the truth was going to be extremely difficult and for her to accept it was going to be hard but the reality of that scene had been so much worse. Rose had denied the truth the best she could and she was never going to accept it.

Draco didn't say another word to his parents when he got home but left immediately ― he was most likely going to spend the night at Astoria's. 

The elder generation had taken their leave and went home as they figured Lucius and Narcissa were going to need some time alone without their meddling. 

Lucius left Narcissa unattended for a short time ― he needed a strong drink after the day they have had. When he went upstairs with his glass full of whiskey, he didn't find his wife up in their room. 

He began to worry. He knew Narcissa wasn't at her best state of mind ― she used to disappear sometimes after Lyra's birth and death. 

Loud sounds of things being thrown against walls interrupted any thoughts Lucius had in mind. He immediately went after the sounds and soon he found himself standing in front of a door he hasn't opened in years. 

It was Lyra's room they had made before everything went to hell.

"Cissa?" Lucius said and carefully opened the door.

Narcissa was throwing books and crystals around the room, not caring what broke and how badly. In addition to books and decorations, she was throwing small dresses and bows, tiny little shoes and knitted cardigans. She had a cigarette between her fingers as she threw things with her other hand ― she was a nervous smoker.

She was crying and screaming, angry at the world for making her life the way it was. Sure, she has had a good life with great privileges but all of those nice things were shadowed by Lyra's death. By the horrible event which was a scam after all. 

Without realizing what she had taken, Narcissa threw a creamy colored rattle on the floor, breaking it into small pieces. 

"Oh," Narcissa gasped when she saw the damage she had done.

The rattle was one of the first things Narcissa had bought when she found out she was pregnant again. It had emotional value and seeing it shattered on the floor just reminded her of the broken heart deep in her chest.