023.

────── ✾ ────── 

july 2003

────── ✾ ────── 

The Venice Hathaway residency was at its busiest the morning of the visit. May was frosting and decorating cakes and cookies while Ellen was making sure that there was enough alcohol in the cabinet by the fireplace. During her twenty-two years of life, Rose has come to realize that her mothers handled stress and uncomfortable situations very differently which also led to her unstable ways of handling certain things.

So now, Rose was in her bedroom, laying on the floor with Ozzy next to her. 

Her mind was full and loud ― her thoughts making it very hard for her to begin the day. She was nervous to say the least and not because she was going to see the Malfoys once again but because her mothers were going to meet them. 

She hasn't exactly given the best impression of the family but they also haven't really given her any reason to. Rose was sure that May will be able to behave herself but she was a little uncertain of Ellen. She didn't mind this however ― she wanted to show the Malfoys that they won't push her family around the way they think they could. 

For many reason this day could turn into one from hell and Rose was quite sure this was the case but she had decided not to let it bother her. 

"Rosie! They will be here in ten minutes!" May called for her daughter. 

"Fuck this," muttered Rose and with a groan of frustration, she got up and left her room, Ozzy just behind her. 

If there was anything good about the day it was the fact hat May's been baking and cooking for the past few days which meant that Rose was going to get to have all of her favorite treats ― she was really trying to see the silver lining. 

May and Ellen were both outside on the terrace where a long dining table was decorated with different sweets and foods. The table was set for twelve people ― the Malfoys and their elders, Rose and her family, Theo, Jacob and Inez.

Rose had begged her mothers to let Inez to come to the dinner ― she was going to need emotional support from someone who doesn't care if Rose was being wrong or unfair about things. 

"Just to let you know, if Theo and I are ever getting married, we will elope. There won't be a big fake happy family thing," said Rose and crashed down on a wooden bench just behind the table. 

Ellen smirked. "Good because we have already sort of used the Rose wedding fund," she said before placing a kiss on Rose's crown. 

"I knew it," chuckled Rose. "I would invite you and mima though, and Jacob. And Inez and her family but that's it."