EPILOGUE

────── ✾ ──────

august 2004

────── ✾ ──────

Rose had no idea why she woke up one summer morning and decided that she wants to get married before the end of the summer. When she told this to Theo, he worried that Rose had hit her head or something. Whenever they had spoke about marriage even before their engagement, Rose had always said that she will wait after she finishes school.

She couldn't explain why she wanted to get married out of the sudden but she could tell why she didn't want to wait anymore. There was no reason to wait. She loved him and he loved her and they were engaged to be married ― there was no reason why they shouldn't just get married as soon as possible. 

So Rose told this to her mothers who squealed happily and started to plan Rose's wedding immediately. Rose's biological family wasn't as thrilled to hear this even though they had accepted the fact that Rose was not a little girl and she was going to marry Theo. 

It was a warm August afternoon when Rose put on her wedding dress. It was very simple, one May had made for her. Odette Malfoy had been nearly distraught when she found out that Rose wasn't going to wear a family dress ― Rose didn't really care for big ruffles. 

"Can I come in?" 

Rose was in her room when she heard Theo knocking on her bedroom door. Because Rose was not one to follow traditions, she didn't care that Theo was going to see her before the wedding. She didn't believe in bad luck that way.

"Sure," she said.

Theo entered the room, wearing a navy blue blazer, matching trousers and a white shirt. He wasn't wearing a tie or anything of a sort ― he and Rose wanted to have a very casual wedding which is also why they informed the families that there will be a wedding just a couple weeks before. 

"Merlin you're gorgeous," Theo said the second he saw Rose.

Rose chuckled. "You don't look too bad either."

"Good because Lucius and Cygnus already gave me a lecture of my too casual look," Theo said and pecked Rose's cheek.

"God they can be annoying," said Rose but she was smiling though. 

Theo smirked. "It's fine though."

"Well that's great because I don't think they are going to leave us be, any of my parents or grandparents," Rose grinned.