025.

────── ✾ ────── 

august 2003

────── ✾ ────── 

It was safe to say that after the infamous visit of the Malfoys and Blacks, Rose took her distance from them. The visit wasn't as horrible as she had thought but that was just the appearance of it ― she could still sense the nasty looks she had received and sharp comments and notions. She thought about letting them know that she was a witch because apparently that might had made things easier, according to Theo but she didn't want that.

She thought it was nasty ― how their opinions of her could change in a heartbeat just because she wasn't a normal human being. 

Especially because that was what she hated the most about herself. 

Rose enjoyed her summer days in Fjällbacka with her family and Theo ― who hasn't been in any contact with the Malfoys either. He knew that perhaps it wasn't the best choice and eventually they would blame Rose for it but he nor Rose cared. 

They wanted to move on with their lives and not worry about what some obnoxious people thought of Rose. 

Rose and Theo were sitting by the docks, their feet cooling in the water while the sun shone brightly above them. They both stayed quiet and just enjoyed the weather and the scenery.

"Do you think we will last?" Asked Theo suddenly, bursting the calm bubble he and Rose have been for the past hour.

"That's a nice comment, a bit of a mood killer but sure... I think we are. I hope we are, no matter what others might say. And by others I do mean the Malfoys," said Rose, slightly fidgeting her fingers. 

"What about you? You think we are going to last?"

Theo turned to look at Rose and didn't hesitate to nod. "I don't think there is anyone in this world who would tolerate me the way you do."

"That's true," smirked Rose. "But what if you know the Malfoys and Blacks will try to break us up, what would you do?"

"I would tell them to fuck off," said Theo. 

Rose chuckled while shaking her head in amusement. "I would love to see that."

"I will make sure that you are there if it ever comes to the point where I need to tell them that," Theo promised.

He got up and offered his hand to Rose, helping her to get up as well. 

"I promised Jacob I will help him with the car," he explained his sudden need to leave. "Not that there's too much I can do."

"Maybe you can help him with magic," Rose suggested ― the suggestion surprised Theo who believed Rose hated magic more than anything. 

He frowned. "I thought you hated magic.