052.

────── ✾ ──────

june 2004

────── ✾ ──────

Since giving the Malfoys a new chance, Rose spent her weekends with the family to get to know them better. In a short month, she started to feel better about her decision and was actually quite glad she had a change of heart. She's never seen Lucius and Narcissa so happy, they were practically radiating with joy every time she went to see them.

Rose's mothers were thrilled for their daughter ― they've secretly wished Rose would change her mind about the Malfoys because they knew their child, they knew she needed to have her biological family in her life as well. Rose had a big heart although she often tried to hide it.

And soon summer came and it was time for Rose to leave for Fjällbacka again. She had told the Malfoys they were welcome to come and visit her whenever they wanted to which they answered with happy smiles and assurances that they will. And while everything was great ― surprisingly ― Rose has not mentioned her engagement to Theo just yet.

She knew it was going to be a big hit to her biological parents who have missed every single milestone of her life. She was going to invite them to the wedding but she was aware that Lucius and Narcissa still looked at her like she was a tiny little baby they could've had.

"So is this going to be along engagement or can we just throw a nice wedding in two weeks?" Inez grinned at Rose over breakfast table on a sunny morning in Fjällbacka.

Rose rolled her eyes. "I thought you didn't believe in marriage."

"I don't. But I believe in good parties. I know your wedding would be a party, and not a ceremony. You know, champagne and ABBA. Maybe some Queen thrown in," said Inez.

"Well you do know me quite well," chuckled Rose and reached for her moving coffee. "But I don't know. My thoughts on marriage have changed and I'm not against it anymore, and I might actually consider marrying Theo before finishing school. But it won't affect my goal which is graduating and getting a good job. I won't be a housewife."

The whole marriage thing ― Rose's been quite against it from the moment she learned what it meant. Then she met Theo and thought that maybe she would like to get married one day but not before she finishes school. Now she thought that perhaps she could marry him even before that ― it didn't mean she's going to stop going to school if she marries Theo before graduating.

"So wedding in two weeks?" Inez teased her best friend.

"I haven't even told the Malfoys yet. They don't know that Theo and I are engaged," said Rose.

Inez's eyes widened. "They don't know? Rosie, you've spent literally every weekend with them for the past month. How come you haven't said anything?"

Rose shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I'm trying to give them some time before I tell. Two weeks ago I told them about my first day in elementary school. They aren't ready to find out I'm getting married."