040.

────── ✾ ──────

february 2004

────── ✾ ──────

Narcissa Druella Malfoy never expected to have lunch with her daughter's mothers. The whole concept was unnatural and odd to her. She was her daughter's mother but like the daughter had reminded her, she was only her biological mother. There were no feelings or mutual love. At least from Rosemary that is.

The Malfoy matriarch was waiting for Ellen Venice and May Hathaway to arrive. Because the whole magic thing was now out in the open, Narcissa had Appeared to Fjällbacka instead of waiting for Ellen and May to come to England. The whole thing was orchestrated by Theodore ― Rose knew of this and while she was not happy, she was happier that her mothers were dealing with Narcissa instead of her.

Narcissa was nervously fidgeting her fingers, wondering what she should say or do. She wasn't even sure why she had asked the two women to meet her. Maybe she was hoping that she could convince them to have a word with Rose and then.... she wasn't sure.

Never in million years had Narcissa thought that her daughter would hate her. The feeling was gut-wrenching. The pain it costs her, almost competes with the pain she has experienced for the past twenty-two years when thinking her daughter was dead.

"Narcissa!"

The blonde woman turned to look on her right ― her thoughts interrupted ― and saw Ellen and May approaching her. The latter one was holding a sweet smile while the red haired woman looked rather sour. Narcissa had noticed this already before ― May was the nice one while Ellen was more sceptic.

Just like Rose.

"Hello," Narcissa said.

May smiled at her. "It is good to see you, Narcissa."

"Like wise," Narcissa managed to say and turned to look at Ellen who merely managed to offer her a smile. "Shall we?" She asked and gestured the two women sit down.

Narcissa had already order herself a glass of wine to give her some courage to face the women. She didn't really have anything against May nor Ellen ― she was grateful for what they have done for Rose, taking her in and raising her with such love ― but she was also very jealous at them.

Jealousy was something Narcissa Malfoy hasn't experienced too many times ― she could count the times with one hand.

"Are you going to have anything?" Asked May when she and Ellen had ordered their lunch from the waitress.

Narcissa shook her head. "I don't think so."

Ellen frowned at Narcissa's answer. "I thought this was a lunch meeting," she said.