019.

────── ✾ ──────

april 2003

────── ✾ ──────

The dark manor stood right in front of her once again and while she had thought it might feel less scary the second time around, Rose was wrong. Nothing about the appearance of the manor gave her any vibes of a Easter party. She thought there was going to be bright decorations like the ones people usually have but Draco's home looked like a ghot version of a party.

Rose felt overdressed with the dress Theo had bought her ― she loved the dress but it was very different from the ones she owned. Also the occasion was a little too mundane for a dress this beautiful but then again the Malfoys didn't exactly seem like jeans and a t-shirt kind of people. 

She nervously fidgeted, picking her freshly painted nails.

"We can leave," said Theo bur Rose shook her head, dismissing the idea.

"No way. I'm excited to see how this goes besides, Astoria is counting on my appearance," said Rose.

Theo didn't argue with the matter — he was actually quite excited aa well. The Easter party has always been one of Theo's favourite things. He used to have so many good memories about the event, running around with his friends and eating chocolate frogs and sneaking into the kitchen where the house-elves prepared dishes.

But he knew this time was going to be different and not only because he was about face people from his past but because magic was forbidden for the day. Theo had informed the Malfoys that Rose was coming to the party and because she didn't know about magic — it was forbidden for the day.

"Let's go then," said Theo and gently took Rose's hand.

Theo opened the big front door and it made that same squeaky noise it always has. He entered the manor, Rose just next to her. Theo didn't have to even think twice where to go, the party has always been out in the gardens behind the manor.

"Still creepy..." muttered Rose as she followed Theo to the gardens.

The gardens looked even more beautiful than the first time Rose had seem them — everything was now so colourful. It was like a whole different world. Red and purple flowers, even some yellow ones and beautiful green trees. Old statues were lingered up by a long pathway which led to a pavilion. 

The pavilion was huge, unlike the one Inez's family has in their backyard. It was big enough to fit at least two dozen people, perhaps even some more. It wasn't white like they so often were but dark grey to match the rest of the estate's dark colors. Like the first time, the estate screamed some dark Addams family with a spark of medieval. 

Rose slipped her hand to Theo's as the approached the pavilion which was full of people. 

Tall, cocky looking people with pretentious smiles and glasses of champagne resting between their fingers. They all wore expensive looking dresses and suits, fancy jewelry as they were trying to beat each other with their riches.