036.

────── ✾ ──────

────── ✾ ──────

Instead of going after their daughter, Ellen and May stayed downstairs with everyone else except Theo who followed Rose to her room. The living room was deadly quiet and every little sound was like a loud bang to one's ears. Everyone stayed still like the room was full of statues. Unspoken words and questions marvelled in the air but no one was brave or confident enough to say them out loud.

May glanced at Narcissa Malfoy several times. It was strange that this woman was the one who gave birth to her and Ellen's daughter — they both believed that they would never meet the woman. They, just like Rose, thought she was dead.

"Shouldn't we go after her?" Druella asked.

Ellen shook her head. "Not when she's like that, it won't do any good. Let's give her a moment or two before."

"She was so upset..." Narcissa said quietly and though she was talking to her husband, everyone in the room heard her.

Draco scoffed a little. "Well that isn't a surprise."

He earned a stern look from his mother's father.

"You can't just dump all this on her without thinking she won't get upset," said Ellen. "She has every right to be very upset and angry."

"Of course she does," Lucius said. "It's just... you must understand how difficult this is. How difficult the past few days have been."

"I never said I thought this was easy on you. Christ, I bet you are terrified," Ellen continued.

May sighed. "How? I mean how did this happen?"

"You can ask that from him," said Lucius and pointed at Abraxas. "He is the master mind behind this all. We had no idea what he had done. We didn't know that Rose was Lyra and..."

"Lyra?" Ellen frowned.

"We named her Lyra," said Narcissa sadly. "We had a name for her and everything."

May and Ellen stayed quiet.

It was strange to know that their daughter had another name — a name her biological parents had chosen for her. It wasn't just the name that was strange. Everything was. The fact that they were staring at their daughter's birth family was strange. It was strange how they hadn't realized it before — Rose looked like them.

"How long do you think she will hold this against us?" Asked Odette, earning a glare from her son who was not pleased with her question.

"Oh please, Lucius. We should know what to do in the meantime," she added.

"We are going to wait here," said Druella.

Ellen cleared her throat. "Excuse me?"

"Well you can't possibly think that we are just going to leave during a time like this. We need to be here when she's ready to talk," Druella explained.