048.

────── ✾ ────── 

april 2004

────── ✾ ────── 

Rose thought she would eventually feel relieved, but she didn't. Instead she felt bad. Every time she looked at herself, she could just see Narcissa's shattered and glossy blue eyes and it made her feel uncomfortable. She knew she could be a bit mean from time to time, if she needed to, but she never thought of herself as a bad person. And now, that's how she felt. 

Because Rose had already made a deal with her school regarding her studies, she decided to stay in Fjällbacka until her exams. She thought it was going to be too much to stay in the same country as the Malfoys. 

May and Ellen were worried of their daughter. They could tell Rose was feeling bad about everything and when they tried to talk to her, she brushed the subject under a rug.

That rug has become very lumpy ever since Rose met the Malfoys. 

To avoid talking about the Malfoys and everything else, Rose buried herself under school work. She did nothing else but read and wrote, and eventually finished all her work in the matter of weeks. 

"I was thinking about going to Cambridge next week," Rose said one morning during breakfast.

"Oh," said Ellen and glanced at her partner who was equally surprised. 

Rose noticed the looks her mothers were trying to hide, but miserably. 

"To finish the semester. Do the exams and all," explained Rose before reaching for her coffee cup which happened to be empty. 

She got up and walked over to the kitchen counter were May's freshly brewed coffee pot waited for Rose. 

"And then you'll come back here, or...?" Ellen asked carefully.

"Yes Mimi, I will come back here for summer and once school starts again in autumn, I will stay in Cambridge. I think the time slot of crushing people's hearts will close by then," Rose said and sat back on her place. 

May nodded but still held a doubtful look. "If you are sure."

"Yes I'm sure," Rose said. "There's nothing wrong anymore. Things are the way they're suppose to be."

"Sure," said May.

Rose narrowed her eyes. "I mean it. Everything's fine."

"We didn't say otherwise," Ellen said and got up. "Now I have to go to work. I'll see you two later."

She kissed the top of Rose's head before leaving the kitchen.

May got up as well and started to clean out the kitchen. Rose sighed, she knew her mother starts cleaning her perfectly clean kitchen whenever she was feeling uneasy or fidgety. When it came to her mothers, Ellen starts rambling and talks about five hundred miles an hour when she's feeling uneasy and May cleans. And Narcissa...