035.

────── ✾ ──────

────── ✾ ──────

Five days.

With a blink of an eye, five days had passed since the horrific reveal of Rosemary Gwendolyn Joy Venice's true identity.

It had taken them five days to come up with a simple plan ― a plan that was not going to be a very successful one. They were going to tell Rose the truth and they knew she was going to be angry and upset. She was going to be furious and in denial but eventually, she couldn't argue with the truth.

Also, giving Rose the extra five days of solidarity was something they knew they owed her. They were soon going to destroy Rose's simple life.

Standing in the cold winter air in Fjällbacka was not how any of the Malfoys had planned to spend their Christmas Day. Everyone was there, even Abraxas and the only reason why he was there and not buried six feet under was the undeniable fact that he knew Rose better than Narcissa or Lucius.

Narcissa was shaking as she and her family approached Rose's home. She wasn't shaking because of the cold but because she was anxious — never in her life has she been this anxious. Her arm was linked around her husband's for support but the man wasn't feeling too good either.

He was freaking out but he didn't want to show this to anyone. Lucius has always believed that if you didn't publicly declare your feelings or emotions — they couldn't hurt him.

But he knew whatever was going to happen within the next hours was going to hurt him like nothing before.

Draco wasn't sure how to feel. He didn't even know that he could have had a sister once upon a time. All he knew was that Rose was going to loose her mind once she knows the truth.

Without a worry in her mind, Rose was eating breakfast in the kitchen. She was feeling calm and well rested, happy for the day ahead of her. Her mothers were sitting outside on the front porch with their coats on and cups of coffee warming their hands. Rose thought about joining them but looking through the window, they looked so peaceful so she chose to give them space. 

"Morning," said Theo when he entered the kitchen.

Rose smiled at him. "Hey."

Theo helped himself some coffee before sitting next to Rose by the kitchen island. He leaned towards Rose, giving her a morning kiss which made Rose grin even more. 

"Where're Ellen and May?" Theo asked when he noticed the absence of Rose's mothers. 

"On the front porch," said Rose. 

"I see," said Theo and set his coffee on the counter. "We are having brunch with everyone later?" 

Rose nodded. "Like always. God, I love Christmas. The traditions, joy and everything really. It just makes me very happy."