008.

────── ✾ ────── 

november 2002

────── ✾ ──────

Almost two months had passed since Rose and Theo's London trip. They had moved on to their daily life and nothing was really out of the ordinary. Rose was busy with school and drowned herself into some more extra credits whenever possible ― she did everything just so she wouldn't have to think about Draco Malfoy.

She didn't think of him fondly but she was only worried if he had got into Theo's head.

Theo has been quite neutral about everything which however did not ease Rose's mind. She was almost worried about how calmly he had moved on from his little rendezvous with Draco. Rose had expressed her concerns to Inez who was mildly confused by everything. She knew about Theo's past ― she and Theo were good friends as well ― but she didn't know everything.

But neither did Rose.

"And the weirdest thing is that my magic has been out of control ever since London," said Rose.

She and Inez were alone at Inez's work. Rose has been going on and on about everything while Inez was cleaning the record store before closing it.

"Maybe there's some magic source in London," suggested Inez but when Rose lifted her gaze from her book ― she saw a wide grin decorating Inez's face.

"Very funny," grimaced Rose.

Inez smirked and laid a stack of records on the table Rose was sitting on. "I mean that could be real. I bet that in every book about magic there's some source of magic and whenever you're around it, you feel everything stronger," explained Inez.

"Yes and those books are fiction," said Rose, placing her own book down on the table.

"Mmm perhaps but so is magic. Magic is fiction or that's at least what most believe. I wouldn't believe in magic if I wouldn't know you," said Inez, making a very valid point.

Rose rolled her eyes. "Yes well.... I just don't like it. It makes me all squishy and unsure."

"And imagine that, to be unsure of things. How could you ever live?" Inez teased her best friend who shoved her tongue.

The blonde jumped down from the table she's been sitting on for the past thirty minutes and began to stroll around the record store. She looked around to see if there was anything she would like but she already has every single record from ABBA and she normally just borrows Inez's records whenever she wants to listen to something else.

"I don't know how. I would probably go crazy," said Rose.

Inez smirked at Rose's words. "Oh I have witnessed those moments."