009.

────── ✾ ──────

november 2002

────── ✾ ──────

No matter how hard Rose tried to ignore and deny it ― she could see how that one afternoon in London almost three months ago still botheredTheo. Theo however was too stubborn or too confused to do anything about it. He would go to work like he always does and come home, maybe cook dinner if Rose wasn't around yet. He would spend his free time by reading some of Rose's old school books to make him more civilized ― knowing who invented sleeping draught wasn't helping him too much nowadays.

Rose found it hard to concentrate at home whenever Theo was around because he was like a walking ball of anxiety. So Rose spent most of her days either at school or across the hall from her apartment with Inez.

"So has he made any progress?" Asked Inez from her couch when Rose entered her apartment.

"I am going to make him go and see them," said Rose and crashed on the couch, her head settling on Inez's shoulder.

Inez sighed. "That bad, huh?"

"He doesn't sleep," muttered Rose. "I already made him talk with my mums and they both said that whatever closure or new connections he wants, he has to make it happen. I mean Draco doesn't know where we live so he can't just come here and have a word with Theo."

"Mmm as long as it helps him," said Inez and got up from the couch. "Mr Kane dropped by earlier. Theo wasn't home and neither were you so he left this here."

Inez was holding an envelope and a small box. "He wished you a happy belated birthday."

Rose smiled softly. "He left straight away, didn't he?"

"Mr Kane has never been one to have long visits."

"That's true. Now let me see it," said Rose, holding her hands so Inez could give her the letter and the box.

Rose was raised with kindness and appreciation so with those two things in her mind ― she first opened the envelope to see what Mr Kane had written her.

Rosemary,

I apologize for the belated wishes and present, but happy birthday dear.

I know I haven't been visiting you too much lately but I believe you have grown to understand that. You have a life of your own now and you must live it fully. I hope that I get to see you again one day, but you know me, I don't like to plan ahead.

I'm sure you look more and more like your mother every day with your eyes and that blonde hair of yours. She would be proud of you, dear. You have accomplished a lot in a short time and I am very proud.