Chapter 27 - Azura's Birthday

Amanda James

It's Azura's birthday today, Becca and I went together because she told me she doesn't want to be alone so she picked me up today. I wear a satin dress that Becca and I bought together at the mall and I like it so much. We also bought the dress for Evan and Adriel's birthday, I don't know why but I feel excited to meet his family.

"Their family is awesome," Becca says.

"They are super friendly!" Becca says.

"I love them more than mine I guess," Becca laughs.

"Just kidding, but it's true I barely even met my big family," she explained while I can only laugh.

"Me too," I say.

I thought that it's going to be just a regular party but then Evan informed me that this year they want to celebrate Azura's birthday in a boat, a yacht. He said his family own a yacht and it's been a while since the last time they used it for something so they decided to celebrate her birthday in their yacht.

The car stops at a marina and I got a little bit surprised to see some random people with cameras and it seems like they're waiting for someone's arrival. Then I realize that they're the paparazzi,

"Becca," I say to her.

"What?" She asks.

"If they take picture of me the whole school will found out," I say then she looks at me in horror.

"Shit you're right," she said before closing the curtain to cover her window, she told her driver to drive around so we can think. Because that is the only way for us to get into their yacht.

"What if we wear sunglasses does it help?" She asks then I chuckle.

"They'll be laughing at us it's dark already," I say to her then she shakes her head.

"Yeah but there's no way," she says while still keep thinking.

"That's okay if you wear sunglasses, I'll be wearing one too," she says.

"Oh we should wear a mask, where can we find one?" She asks me then she told her driver to stop at a mini market to buy us pair of medical masks.

After he bought it for us, we put it all together and I can't lie this is weird and funny. Who wear sunglasses at night, we're not even celebrities.

"Just walk straight independently Amanda, confident is the key," she says.

"Just hold on to me we'll be fine," she says ready to step out of the car.

"Have you done this before?" I ask.

"With Adriel, many times,"

"Alone? Never! So it'll be the first time for the both of us," she says then I laugh.

The car stopped right in front of the marina where we can see lots of paparazzi waiting for everyone's arrival. Well yes because the whole family is going to be here tonight, they must be the center of attention.

"Ready? Let's go whatever it takes," she says before got her door opened by her driver.

We walk out of the car and there's where I feel grateful for wearing a sunglasses, because the lights from the cameras are too much. Becca and I are hand in hand while walking through them with the help from a security to get us into the yacht.

We got into the yacht safely with laughter because it was just something unexpected. We take off our masks and sunglasses before decided to get into the yacht where Evan already waiting at the entrance.