Chapter 18 - Pool party

Amanda James

"Call me when you get there okay honey," Mom said before kissing my forehead.

"Take care of each other okay," she said to Audrey and I before she kisses Audrey's cheek too then leave.

We watch her leaving with her car before we decided to walk closer to the crowd. It is trip day and the meeting point is at our school parking lot. Few buses are ready to take us to a cottage or hotel out of the town. This trip dedicated to all the seniors before we started another exhausting last semester in high school.

Audrey put our suitcases into the bus's trunk while I catch Evan in the middle of the crowd, he is standing there with his friends around him. He is wearing a black shirt that looks really good on him.

"You okay?" Audrey suddenly asked me.

"I'm alright," I said to her.

"You guys alright?" She asked then I finally look at her.

"We're alright," I smile at her.

"Good," Audrey smiles.

Audrey and I were talking when Ethan suddenly greeted us. They began to hug each other and act like the world is theirs, where I started to feel get left behind.

I was looking at her when I caught Evan is looking at me. I caught him looking before look away from him. Evan hasn't contacted me since the day he dropped me off at my house that night. He hasn't even explained about him going to the party at Friday night, because how? He doesn't even respond to my text.

After a few minutes all of us got into the bus, thank god Audrey and I are in the same bus and Ethan doesn't mind at all sharing Audrey with me. It sounds lame but I started to regret coming to this trip, and of course telling him to keep our relationship back street.

I close my eyes during the way to the resort. My headphones stay on my ear while I listen to a music from a playlist that I made.

~

We safely arrived at the resort, the weather here is fine, not too hot and not too cold. The air seems fresher than the air in town, the resort is nice so is our room it is very cozy.

The first thing I do when I arrived is to unpack my stuff while wearing a comfy warm slipper that I brought from home.

"What are we going to do after this?" Audrey asked while she's lying on the bed.

"I don't know, you have plans?" I asked her.

"Let's eat I'm hungry then we can walk around the resort since it's very big and cool?" She asked then I nodded while smiling.

I can tell this year's resort is mode comfortable and more exciting than the last couple trips we had before.

"Amanda listen, this is going to be our last trip before we graduate," she said.

"At least do something out of your comfort zone?" She asked.

"It's just a friendly reminder so you'll have an exciting story to tell to your grandchildren in the future," she said then I only send her a smile.

"Great!" She said.

"Anyway what happened between you and Evan, everything's alright?" She have asked this question like many times since this morning.

"We're all fine, what's the matter?" I asked her then he only stays in silent.

"Aren't you going to be around him?" She asked them I shake my head.

"We decided to keep our relationship private," I said.

"Since when? Until when?" She suddenly got up from her bed while looking at me, like I just delivered some bad bad news.