Chapter 1 - How to reach him

Amanda James

This year is my last year of high school, everyone said it is going to be the best year of our life. But I don't really believe that, my life has been going on a monotone and it's boring, never really challenging. It's just my bed, my laptop and I almost everyday.

My closest friend name Audrey, I have known so many people in this school but I know I will always click with her. No one will replace her place and she knows me best, it's just sometimes she gets busy with her boyfriend so at the end it's just me all alone again. But it's not a problem for me, I accept being alone and I'm not sad about that. There are so much things that I can do alone, like watching a movie in your house, cooking, reading a book, well there's si many few things that I can do alone. It is not a problem for Audrey to have a boyfriend, cause it's not like her boyfriend is taking her away from me. Both of them still asking me to go out with them but of course I always say no, cause I don't want to be a third wheel plus it'll be awkward.

Ethan is nice, he is Audrey's boyfriend. He's a nice guy that doesn't make problems in school and I can tell both of them are in a healthy relationship because two of the benefits each other since they're very smart.

I love romantic movies, but it's not like I'm wishing to have a perfect boyfriend like in movies or books. It's just I can't or haven't ready to have a commitment with someone yet. Maybe one day, but not right now.

"Okay Class, see you next week," Miss Harold said ended up the last period today.

I close the book on the table right in front of me and shove all the things into my bag. I can't wait to get home to stay on bed until tomorrow morning if, I don't have something to do at home. My mom is a single parent and she works her ass off to raise our little family, it's just me and my mom all my life.

"Miss James,"

I look up at miss Harold who already has her eyes on me, I zipped my bag and walk closed to her desk.

"Yes Mrs Harold?" I asked her.

"Are you in a rush?" She asked.

"No," I said.

"There's something I want to tell you," she said.

She waited for other students to leave the class before she started to talk.

"So here's the thing Miss James," she said.

"You're very smart, on my subject,"

"I can tell that you got a great score in my class but you haven't reach the minimal standards to get into the scholarship program," she said and it surprises me cause I really want to get the scholarship program.

"You're one of our best students and we want all the best for you," she said.

"So don't be sad, cause I'm going to give you a chance to fix your score,"

"Well if you want, if you don't want, that is fine," she said.

"I do want," I said, without even thinking.

"Great," she smiles.

"So there's another student that experience the same thing as you, he is...," she said while trying to find somebody's name on the list by pointing at the paper on her table.

"He is Evan Hamilton,"

The real Evan Hamilton?

"I want you both to do some project together, I already gave him some examples of group assignments from last couple years, so you both can get a look at them," she said.