Chapter 11 - his house

Amanda James

It is Friday, Evan has texted me all day and we're going to study together at his house. I haven't told anyone about this cause I feel like I don't have to. I don't think it is going to lead us into something else, maybe he feels comfortable to work and study with me so he ask me to come with him.

Here I am standing at the lobby nervously with a hand rest inside of my pockets. My eyes have been looking around like an eagle's eyes, wishing no plastic girl would see me leaving with Evan again. I'm hoping that they're going out of the last period a little late so they won't see us leaving together.

No longer after that I see Evan walks out of the lobby with a white shirt and a black backpack on his shoulder. He looks at me and smile, I turn around cause I don't really want anyone to see that we're having an eye contact.

"Hey James," he greeted me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine," I said with my hands folded in front of my tummy.

"Shall we?" He asked then I began to follow him into the parking lot.

The wind today is pretty wild, it blows my hair then block my vision which makes me have to be careful to walk down the lobby stairs. I keep following him until I realize that his car isn't parked at his usual spot. It took a while for us to get into his car, cause he parked a little far from he used to.

"You were late?" I asked him.

"No," he said.

"You hate attention so I parked it away from everyone," he said.

So he listened to everything I said, and he understand that the rumors about us is bothering me. Girls keep coming to me giving me a strange look or sometimes a dead stares. It makes me feel a little insecure about myself, they may be talking trash behind my back?

I watch him unlocked the car then he opens the door for me. I watch him in silent while holding on my black tote bag.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing," I said then get into his car.

I watch him getting into the passenger seat before he turns on the engine. I don't know how, but his actions sometime stole my attention. His simple action can make me think about it over and over.

"How long does it take to get to your house?" I asked him while he's connecting his phone to the speaker.

"Half an hour?" He asked then I nodded.

"Why? you hungry?" He asked me.

"No," I shake my head.

"Okay let's go," he said then begin to drive.

He was texting someone before he began to drive, and I wonder who it is. Maybe one of his girls who's asking where he is, and making sure that he's not going to cheat on her.

Does Evan Hamilton have a secret girlfriend that we don't know?

"It's Friday night, you're not going out?" I asked him.

"It's almost exam week, I'm not going out," he said then I nodded.

A guy like him with popularity and money still care about his grade? That is unbelievable. I believe not so many guy like him actually care about their grade. This one is different, I thought every guy like him would never care about something like this.

I enjoy the ride, until the rode leads us into somewhere more private. I think his family bought a house at the end of the rode cause it seems like we're the only car that passing this rode. I watch the empty rode until we stopped at the front of a big black gate, the gate automatically open when his car stopped right in front of the gate.