Chapter 35 - Car Racing

Amanda James

I'm staring at my french fries while Evan is complaining about the upcoming math test, it's not like I don't like hearing his story about the test but I'm just not in the mood, I lost appetite even though I didn't eat that much this morning.

"You okay?" He asks me as my eyes look up at him, his ocean blue eyes are looking at me complete with those thick lashes which pointing down at me.

"I'm fine, I'm just not in the mood to eat, I just want to sleep," I sigh then he only smiles before his palm brushes against my back.

"You'll be alright," he says before Adriel suddenly came to us with a phone in his hand.

"Hey," He says before begin to sit right in front of us.

"What happened?" Evan asks.

"I got a dm," Adriel says showing us his phone screen.

"From?" Evan asks.

"Damon," Adriel mentioned a name that I've never heard before and I gotta see a change of expression on Evan's face.

"Who's Damon?" I confusedly ask.

"Caleb's team mate," Adriel says while his eyes are looking back at me. He started to mentioned about Caleb and his friends again which I had enough of,

"Ooh," I say.

"What did he say?" Evan asks.

"Here," Adriel gave his phone to Evan which makes me lean closer to look a closer look at it.

"A race? Like an illegal street race?" I said after I read the test message, I'm surprised by their stupid childish action, what is this a comedy movie?

"I don't know," Adriel cluelessly said.

"Yeah it is, look at the place, the time," Evan says to his brother.

"What do you think?" Adriel asks.

"What do I think?!" Evan repeated and he already sounds pissed.

"Of course it is a scam, how can we solve a problem with car racing? It is stupid," Evan says which leave him in silent.

"We just had our new car Adriel," Evan warned him.

"Don't do it okay," he says while Adriel can only stay in silent.

I look at Adriel who's sitting in front of us, he looks confused but also thinking and I'm scared if he's going to do something that he'll regret.

"Okay," he said before getting up from the table,

We watch him walking away from our table in silence, he disappeared to the crowd just like that. I pul my arm around Evan's before slowly put my chin right on his shoulder.

"Do you think he's going to do it?" I ask him.

"I don't know, maybe he will," he says.

"Please don't get into another fight, I don't want you to get hurt again," I turn my head to look at his mesmerizing face which only a centimeter away from me, his blue eyes are staring down at mine before those lips slowly touches against mine.

~

School is over, ever since Adriel told Evan about what happened Evan seems thinking all day long. Every time I ask him something his mind is always somewhere else, his body might be here but his mind is maybe trying to do telepathic with his twin brother.

"Evan you alright?" I put my palm on the back of his neck while he's sitting on the driver seat.

His head turn to look at me with worried eyes before he took off his seatbelt then pulls me close for a hug. I know he must be thinking about the race, I'm just hoping that Adriel won't do it so Evan doesn't have to get into another dirty job again. But I know him, Adriel is his brother and Evan is a very loyal man that will do anything to protect someone he loves especially his siblings. I just don't want him to get hurt, I don't want anything happen to him.