Chapter 22 - Past

Amanda James

Two days later after Evan left to Europe all of us got back to our own home. I'm a little bit tired but I can say senior trip was fun, it's just there's a little drama but I'm gonna pretend it as a salt, so there will be story in my life about drama in high school at least once.

I push the trolley in front of me collecting everything I need to buy. I was looking for a cereal until I realize someone is staring at me from the end of the aisle. I look up at and found a man with a brown outer standing looking at me and it seems like he didn't expect that he's going to see me.

I ignore his stares then take the cereal box that I need then put it inside of my trolley before started to pushing it away. I'm trying to stay calm and not even trying to run away, it's just it's not that important to see him.

"Amanda," Just like I expected he would do, he called my name.

I turn around to meet his tall figure, he hasn't aged yet and that surprised me that he still looks the same. I can tell that I got his eyes and nose.

"Do you have a time?" He asked.

~

Here I am sitting in front of him staying in silent don't know what to do, my sneakers is tapping on the floor waiting for him to start talking. Because I don't know what to say to him,

"How are you?" He ask then I let out a small laugh.

"Still alive thankfully," I say while nodding.

"How's school?" He asks.

"Great," I simply say.

He let out a sigh and he looks nervous as hell, seems like meeting me is like his very first job interview.

"Are you done?" I ask him.

"I have ice cream in my paper bag it'll melt," I say to him without showing any emotion.

"I'm sorry Amanda," he says to me with a concern eyes, believe me I want to believe him but I just cant't. Seems every words that came out of his mouth is just a lie.

"It's fine, the ice cream will be okay in refrigerator," I say.

"No," he says.

"I'm sorry I left you," he says then I look up at him while shaking my head.

"I need to go," I got up from my seat then making my way out of the cafeteria.

"Wait darling," he says then I stop walking away from him.

"If you need me you can always call me you know that right?" he says then I turn around with a smile on my face.

"I love you Amanda, I always do darling," he says to me like he did nothing wrong for the last few years.

"You wouldn't leave just like that if you do," I say to him before walking away from the cafeteria with a paper bag in my arm.

I make my way into the closest bus station, waiting there alone while thinking about the action that I just took. Did I hurt his feeling? But he hurts our feeling and he never really care until now.

~

"How was your day?" I ask him, while staring at Evan from my laptop screen.

I'm face timing him while he's inside of his hotel room. Looking from his background I know he's probably staying at a huge luxurious hotel room, maybe his parents own the place.

"Mom and dad went to meet their friends they let Azura, Adriel and I went out around Paris,"  he says looking so happy while smiling, this guy look so cute when he's happy.