Chapter 36 - Sick day

Amanda James

I went home around 2 am in the morning then I fell asleep while crying. I woke up in the morning when I heard the bird singing outside, my head feels like it wants to kill me, if I don't have an upcoming exam I would be sleeping all day. Besides high school almost ended, sooner or later I'll be applying into my future university where I gotta live the next few years of my life.

College, it scares me but from the movie that I saw, maybe it can be little exciting. But then my thought bringing me back to Evan, who's still not texting me. I open my phone and I have no idea what to do, maybe he needs some time to be alone, maybe I should give him some space, or maybe I should apologize to him. After looking at my phone where I got no text from anyone I put it back on the night stand, just by looking at the screen can make me feel sick and wanna throw up sometimes.

I got up from the bed as I feel my stomach groaning for food, so I made my way into the kitchen. I was walking down the stairs when I heard my mom's and a guy laughing at the kitchen, there's the moment where I slipped and ended up on the floor. It happened so fast I realized that I just fell from the floor, which make my mom and his boyfriend ran into me.

"Dear god Amanda? Honey what happened?!" My mom asked while she begins to check on me.

"Are you okay?" Her boyfriend ask then I shake my head.

"I'm fine," I say.

"I slipped,"

"You know how clumsy I can be," I chuckle before getting up from the floor and making my way back to the kitchen. I don't want them knowing that I slipped because I was surprised that there's a guy in the house, I was actually surprised because it's unusual and I don't want to make Flynn feels offended, because heads a really nice guy and I like him.

"Morning Flynn," I smile at him before taking a seat in front of the island table.

"You sure you're okay?" He asked then I chuckle,

"yeah yeah I'm find it happens all the time," I said to him but he seems very concerned about it.

"You should be more careful honey, you tripped very often," she said before continue to cook something in the kitchen.

"I'll be okay mom, the pain from tripping of course I can handle, but sometimes the shame," I chuckle which makes Flynn looks more a little relax, I can see a smile on his face after I said that.

"Where's roni?" I ask him then he sighs.

"Roni is being Roni, when she says she doesn't want to come she won't come," he shakes his head.

"I'm sorry about her attitude the other day," Flynn said then I shake my head.

"No big deal," I smile while playing with the edge of my plate.

"Heard you went home around 2 in the morning Amanda did you go out without telling me last night?" Mom suddenly asks as she places a waffle on top of my plate.

"Sorry I sneaked out, I didn't want to wake you up you went home very late already," I say then she only gives me a look.

"Did you go to a party?" She asks then I chuckle.

"You know me, it isn't really my thing," I say to her.

"I went out to check on Evan, he had a little trouble," I explained.

"Is he okay?" She asks then I smile.

"He's okay," I say.

"You guys have a plan after this?" I ask them then my mom smiles.