Chapter 20 - the game

Amanda James

We entered the pool area where everyone is still partying. The party has been going for some few hours, it's midnight already and I started to see some people got drunk enough and wasted already.

"Anyway where's Caroline?" I asked her while we're trying to get a drink from the bar, we're actually asking for a soda.

I look around to see everyone, trying to spot Audrey but I cannot find her. Maybe she's hooking up with Ethan in somewhere. Glad I'm here with Becca, not feeling lonely enough.

"Caroline is going to her grandma's in Japan," she said.

"Oh," I said knowing that Caroline is actually half Japanese and it seems like she's going to spend Christmas in Japan.

"She speaks Japan fluently," I nodded while Becca only smiles.

"Jack?" I asked.

"He's not coming," she said.

"I thought I'm going to spend this very last trip in high school with Santana and maybe Jordan but you know it was only a lame plan and I should've not come," she said before drinking a soda from her cup.

"Santana had to be my roommate but now she's gone now I'm all alone," she said then it makes me stay in silent.

I never thought that her problem is like that, I can see that her problem is slowly killing her mental health. The way her voice shakes and very low every time she confess about her problem, but I'm sure there is still much more that she doesn't really tell me.

"I'm staying with my best friend Audrey but guess I'll be 'room alone' " I said then she smiles.

"Audrey Philips?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Aaah, new love birds," she nodded while smiling.

"The only person that stay by my side during this shitty trip is supposed to be Adriel but I couldn't find him," she said while her eyes are looking around.

"I hope he's somewhere and not drowning," she said then we laugh.

"I can move into you room if you don't mind though," I said.

"Really? It'll be amazing," she said.

"Look around everyone is having fun in their own world," she mentions the people around who got drunk. 

We're looking around and I see Jordan and Santana, also their friends, the barbie doll gang. How can their mouth can be that harmful to someone innocent like Becca, she doesn't deserve it.

"Becca!" Someone suddenly called her name and it caught both of our attention.

My eyes land to a group of people who are making a circle with a wooden table at the center. My eyes automatically land on Evan who's sitting there right next to Gale, who is smiling at us. The one who calls Becca is the alpha from a different barbie gang, Clara Miller. Yes the one who told me to back off from Evan, who is now uhmm.. technically my secret boyfriend. She looks at us with the fakest smile that I've ever seen in life.

"We're going to play truth or dare why don't you join?" Clara said.

"I'm with my friend sorry," Becca politely rejected.

"Just tell your friend to jump in!" She said then I take a glance to Evan who has his eyes on me.

"You tell her yourself, I'm in if she's in," Becca said to her then look at me. I look at Becca who only raised her eyebrows waiting for the queen b to invite me to the game.