Chapter 4 - Sunflowers

Amanda James

I take a shopping cart before entering the store then pull out my phone for a list. I scroll down my phone screen then Evan suddenly take the cart with him. I let him pushing the cart so I can take the stuff easily.

"What do we need?" He asked.

"Eggs, some fruits and vegetables," I said before making my way to the vegetables section.

"You often do this?" He asked.

"Kinda, sometimes it's my mom sometimes it's me," I said.

"Ooh," he nodded.

He follows me while pushing the cart until we full filled the list on my phone. We payed the groceries then get back to his car. I help him to put everything in the trunk then we put the cart back to its place. We get into the car then he began to drive back into my house.

When we arrived at my house he also helps me to carry all the bags into my house. We agreed to put the flowers in my house since I don't really believe him to take care of our flowers.

I put the groceries on its places while he's busy staring at the flowers. I wash my hand after I put all the things inside of the rack. Then get back into the living room where Evan is at.

"So which one are we going to kill?" I asked him then he looks at me.

"We're not going to kill them," he said.

"Without a water they will be starving," I said.

"We're going to keep watering them but we're going to put one of them under the sun while the other is not," he said.

"Okay," I said.

"Are you sure you're not going to forget to water them," he asked me like he's not sure.

"I do the housework more often than you," I said.

"So.," he said.

"It means I'm more capable taking care of these flowers," I said.

"Okay," He said.

"Okay good," I said.

"Where's your laptop?" He asked me.

"Upstairs," I said.

"I'm going to start typing," he said.

"How about writing it down on a paper then we're going to type it later," I said to him.

"I'm a type of person that doesn't really like to waste my time," he said.

"Okay, I'll get it maybe next time you should bring yours," I said.

"We're going to use google doc so we can do the assignment together though," he said as I'm making my way into my room to take my laptop.

I take my laptop into the living room then turning it on, I give it to him then let him do the work. I got up to reach the remote to turn the tv on, maybe there's something that we can watch.

"Anyway are you going to stay until dinner? Cause I'm about to cook for dinner my mom is coming home late again," I said to him while looking for a good tv show on the tv.

"Actually I can leave after I type some words in our document but if you want me to stay then I'll stay," he said.

"You're okay being alone?" He asked.

"I'm all alone everyday," I laugh at him.

"How about your dad?" He asked.

I look at him and smile, I thought he get it when he saw the picture of me and my mom on the wall.