Chapter 43 - a visit

Evan Hamilton

Amanda and I are in a very good condition and I'm glad that we can talk through everything, she told me that she's going to meet her dad at the end of this week. I can see the difference in her everyday, I don't know if it's just me or what but somehow I can see that each day she's kinda started losing her shine. It is the worst part of watching your love one got sick, it broke my heart every time I see her in pain even though I know she tried to hide it from me. I know her, she's the type of girl that doesn't want me to get distracted because of her.

A week has passed, everyone around started to know that Amanda has cancer. Well not everyone, again she doesn't want everyone to know she actually doesn't want anyone to see her with sadness in their eyes. Just like what she wants, she wants to spend her times with people she loves and without regrets.

She asked me to come with her to her dad's house because he invited her to his home. Her dad lives quite far from where she lives I can say that it took a lot of effort for him to come to her house and also a big ass heart for her to forgive and willingly to visit him back. I know she has the kindest heart no matter how much she said he hates him, I know she would feel bad after that. It's like she doesn't let herself got angry for the perfect reason to be angry. I was out of the line when I told her dad about her condition. I know that it was wrong and I felt bad when she came to my house just to apologize for again, the mistake that I made.

I'm driving right next to her right now, we're on our way to her dad's house and there's nothing in my mind except her. I look at her who's sitting right next to me and I can't imagine loosing her, she physically look good and fine, but she started to loose weight, people around her must noticed the change in her. It's just bad, so so bad, I hate to think of that but it has been in my mind for a while.

"Do you think they'll like me?" She suddenly broke the silence between us, my eyes take a glance at her.

"Them?" I asked as the car stopped right at the red light.

"Of course, why not," I sigh as I pull the handbrake then look at her, and I can tell that she is nervous.

"If I still got time I'd like some few more times to think about doing this," she started to fix her seating and I can feel that she's started getting feel uncomfortable like she regretted doing this.

"So what do you wanna do?" I ask her.

"If you want to go let's go if you don't want to go then it's fine," I said while fully have my attention on her.

"Just drive," she said then I nodded.

After a quite long drive we finally arrived at her dad's house, it's a nice house but quite far from the neighborhood. She rang on the door bell before he opens up the door for her, from the way he dresses he was expecting her obviously.

"You made it," he said and I can see Amanda can only awkwardly smile.

"Yeah," Amanda said.

"Evan, you drove all the way here?" Her dad asked.

"Yes," I said, nodding.

"Come on in, the boys are inside," He said and my focus goes to Amanda who can only stay in silent.

He opened up the door for us, letting us in into a nice big house which has a cozy furniture inside. After he closed the door a blonde middle age woman with a navy blue dress came to greet us, she must be his wife.