Chapter 6 - Questions

Amanda James

Lunch time is over, sadly it is weekday again sometimes I think it is not fair that we have to work hard for the whole 5 days and only have 2 days break. Why can't they share, they actually have 7 days a week, why not sharing 4 days working and 3 days resting. Two days seem not enough. I need more days to lay on bed to finish the tv series that I just watch.

I take some book from my locker then put them inside of my bag before closing it. I spot Evan is confidently walking down the hall all by himself by just holding a book on his hand.

Today he is wearing a grey hoodie with a black jeans. I was looking at his clothes until our eyes met, his eyes are already looking at me like he plans to talk to me.

"Hey," he said then stop right in front of me.

"Hi," I said.

"So what's your plan? You said you have a better idea and we need to talk," he said while looking down at me.

"How do you know I'm here?" I asked him, and a second after that I feel like I was asking him a weird and idiot question.

How the hell Amanda?

"Because I was planing to get to my class but then I see you standing here and-"

"Alright," I stop him cause I get it that he accidentally meet me, not on purpose.

"I have a better idea than just growing a stupid flowers, cause everyone does that," I said.

"Audrey said it's lame even my mom said it is lame," I said to him.

"Wait Audrey,"

"Audrey like Audrey Philips?" He asked.

"Yeah, how do you know her?" I asked him.

"Of course I know her, she's dating Ethan right?" He asked.

"I thought you don't know them," I said.

"I thought she doesn't have a friend like you," he said.

Oh well, friend like me.

"They come to every games and every party how didn't I know them," he said.

"Oh yes they always come," I nodded.

"But I've never seen you ever with them," he said.

Yes because I'm invisible Evan, and I don't like being seen. Standing here in front of you plus talking to you more then 5 minutes may have anyone's attention who walk pass by. There have been few people looking at us since he decided to stop and talk by.

"Yeah I never wanted to come," I said.

"I think you should at least come once," he said while I'm looking at him weirdly.

"We're almost at the end of our high school year," he said.

"Okay Evan here's the idea," I said.

I was about to continue what we were talking about but the bell suddenly rings, cutting of our conversation just like that.

"Guess I'll see you after school?" He asked then I nodded.

"Okay bye," I said then walk the opposite way from him.

~

School is finally over but I'm not expecting that I'm going to find Evan, or the other way. Since Evan is always busy surrounded with his friends while I'm an early bird, I always go home right away after the last period is done. I don't like to spend more time in school, I don't know how the students council does that.