Chapter 47 - Time Capsule

Amanda James

After a long talk Evan and I decided to go to Aspen with our friends and my family. I thought it was too much that he wants me to spend my time with my family and friends at one of his parents's house. I mean, it's my family that we're talking about using his family's asset to have a weekend getaway for free, I actually feel bad but Evan insisted. I didn't want it at first but the way he convinced me, in the end I agreed to it. Somehow I know this is one of the things that he wanna do to make me the happiest sick person on earth. At first I don't want to be that kind of person who's using him just because he's rich, but his mom also convinced me to use their house since it's been empty for a really long time.

We got there by plane, and the house is so big, it is actually a very nice mansion that has many rooms in it. Lana said that it's been empty for a long time but it sure is still very well organized, they have people to take care of their homes.

"This house is so beautiful," I said while Evan and I stay in the living room, everyone is heading into their rooms to put their belongings.

"I know right, I know that you're going to like it," he smiles before turning on the fireplace that placed under a big flat tv screen. The mansion has this huge backyard that has a really nice view.

"Thank you so much for taking me and my family here, even though it is too much," I said before sitting on the sofa.

"Well I hope we're going to have a great time here," he said as he sit right next to me, we stay there talking for a while until everyone decided to show up one by one from their room, except Adriel. He's not feeling well since this morning we left home.

"Do you think Adriel is alright?" I asked Evan who's sitting next to me.

"He'll be fine, he need to get off our house to take a fresh air here, I know he's sick because he's under a lot of stress of thinking about Becca," he said.

"I think he's really sick," I said.

"He'll tell me if he's not okay, I'll know, don't worry about him," he said then I nodded.

We spent our time here in the house watching a comfort movie together in the living room while my mom and his boyfriend is cooking in the kitchen for our lunch. They stopped by the supermarket before we got here to buy some food to cook.

"I'm glad that they're here," Evan said talking about my mom and her boyfriend.

"We'll never get hungry," he said then I chuckle.

"Have you seen the backyard?" He asks then I shake my head,

"we've been stuck here since we arrived,"

"Oh yeah let's go, you should see, it's very beautiful," he said then I nodded, following him outside into the backyard.

I follow him outside and it's pretty cold, but the backyard has a really nice view. Lucky him that he own this, he can see this all time he wants. I look at him and found his eyes are already on mine,

"How do you like it?" He asked.

"Everything about this house is perfect," I smile while looking around, especially the backyard's view.

We were looking around where I suddenly received a message from Becca. Evan was looking at me curious enough of what I just received.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Everything is alright, becca just told me that she's just arrived and oh her way here," I said then Evan smiles.

"I hope that everything will be okay between the two of them," I said.