Chapter 7 - I hate when my tummy flips

Amanda James

"God this electromagnetic machine is harder than I thought," I said while still trying to connect the wire.

My eyes look up at my phone screen showing that it is almost 9 pm at night. My eyes went to Evan who's still trying to look for any tutorial on YouTube.

"Evan," I called him.

"I guess we can't really finish it today," I said to him hopelessly.

He looks up at me then put my laptop away, he crawled closer to our so called machine to take a look at it. He touches the wires and pay attention to it,

"Think we need more wire," he said.

"We didn't buy enough wire," I said.

"We'll finish it tomorrow," I said.

"I have football practice tomorrow," he said.

"Oh yeah I forgot," I got up from the floor to get us more drink or more snack cause we've been trying to build this for hours.

"You practice every week?" I asked him, then I can hear a small laugh.

"Why do you keep asking that?" He laughs.

"Nothing cause football seems the only thing you really care about," I said while walking into the kitchen.

"Do you think we can get this done sooner?" I asked him before opening the fridge.

He was looking at the laptop screen when I pour an orang juice to a cup, he turns his head around just to look at me.

"Don't even stress about it Amanda," he said then those pinkish lips curled into a smile.

"Orange juice?" I asked him,

"No thank you," he said.

I put it back into the fridge then get back to my place to check on our stuff. Evan seems tired, I can tell by the way he yawned.

"You can go home Evan," I said.

"We can finish it maybe Wednesday or the next day," I said closing all the books on the floor.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"I can come to your house after the practice tomorrow," He said then I shake my head.

"You'll be tired," I said.

He closes all the tabs on my laptop and shut it down, he helps me to clean all the mess on the living room by taking all the empty jar and plates to the sink.

"Thank you," I said.

"Is your mom coming home?" He asked.

"Yeah she's probably on her way," I said then he nodded.

"Okay I'll wait until she's here," he said then get himself back into the living room.

I didn't ask him to stay, but he wants to stay and I couldn't say anything. But there's a feeling inside that excites me when he said he wants to wait until my mom got home. Well, maybe he wants to know what my mom looks like?

"There's a new movie from dc this week, do you want to watch it this weekend?" He asked and somehow it surprises me when he asked me that.

Calm down Amanda, I can be the last person that he asked to go to a movie with him.

"I heard about that one," I said and somehow my breath is unstable.