Chapter 48 - Coming back home

Evan Hamilton

After some few days, we came back from Aspen. I can't lie it is one of the best getaway that I've ever had, especially with Amanda. She was very happy and I can always see a smile drawn on her face. She even started wanting to get the therapy that she needs which makes us, very happy. It took some few months for us hoping, wishing that she would take the therapy.

I know it's going to be hard for her, her plan is taking a gap year from college to focus on her therapy. So.., my plan is, no matter where I got into college I'll go back home every weekend to see her, at least to be around her around that time.

The car entered the house until it stopped right at the lobby, I haven't talked to Adriel and he hasn't tell me anything about Becca, or how they spent those hours in the plane. Hope it turns out good, because something can easily get into Adriel's mind that make him feeling down easily. Man, I know him too well.

The driver open up the door for me as I walk out of the car, I get into the house and the first thing I want to see or meet is mom. Even though I don't know where she's at right now, it's weekday already and she's probably at the office.

I got into the living room and as usual it's empty, so I get into the kitchen to get myself anything to eat. I was taking a water when I heard someone getting into the kitchen, which made me turn around to find Azura.

"Oh you're back," she said.

"Hey," I said.

"Is mom home?" I asked.

"No she left in the morning," Azura said before casually taking a croissant from the island table.

"How was the getaway?" She asked.

"It was fun," I said.

"Huh," she nodded.

"Where's Adriel?" I asked then she chuckles while biting on her croissant.

"He's out, god knows where," she said.

"He's okay?" I asked.

"Probably beyond okay," she laughs.

"Mom caught them kissing in the kitchen," Azura said which makes me chuckle.

Oh really, I'm not surprised.

"Yeah we know, it's just about time," Azura said then I laugh.

"They're too dumb to realize," Azura continued.

"Happy for him," I said then she nodded.

Azura and I chatted for a while before I decided to get into my room to get myself some sleep, I feel a little exhausted from the getaway besides mom is not home yet, I'll be meeting her after I woke up maybe at dinner.

~

Woke up around 5 and my phone is the first thing I check, I look at it and turns out Amanda hasn't replied to any of my text. We both know that we're pretty exhausted so she's probably still asleep. I'm going to go to her house tomorrow, just spending my time with her, since her mom will probably out for work she'll be home alone like always.

I got out of my room to get myself something to eat because I'm starving, I get into the kitchen while passing the living room. Turns out that mom has already home.

"Hi hon," she greeted me with a smile on her face like she's excited.

"Hi mom,"

"You're home already," she said as she's getting up from the sofa to hug me, she always does this no matter how grown up we are now.