Chapter 50 - Amanda James

Evan Hamilton

We've been living in the hospital everyday, I don't want to miss a second with her. Just like what mom said her cancer has spread everywhere, and it hurst me to see her like this. She barely even do things, she can't move her legs, it even hard for her to move her hands now.

It hurts to see someone you love suffer, it hurts to know those hands that used to wrapped around your body started to loose the ability to move. She started to loose weight because she doesn't want to eat.., or it's getting hard for her to chew and swallow.

It hurst to see her like this, my heart shattered to see her loosing the ability to do things every single day.

I'm sitting right next to her bed, her mom is having lunch for a moment, so it's just me and her in the room. She's laying on bed with her head facing me, she has her eyes close as I watch her asleep, or I thought she was asleep until those eyes slowly flutter open.

"Hi," I said slowly brushing her head with my hand,

"Hi," she smiles.

"Where's mom?" She asked with a low tone,

"She's out with her boyfriend, they're having lunch," I said.

"Good," she smiles then close her eyes again like those eyes are  too heavy for her to open.

"You have to eat Evan," she suddenly said,

"Yeah, after this," I said while keep brushing my palm against her shoulder.

"I know that I don't have much time," she sigh then slowly open her eyes again,

"But if I'm gone, please tell my mom that it's not her fault,"

"and I'm grateful that I was born to be her daughter," I nodded while looking right into those blue eyes, the eyes that made me fell in love.

"Of course," I said.

"and I love her, so very much," she said then I nodded.

"and you," she slowly said then I reached her hand to hold, I can feel her finger moves when I hold her hand.

"I love you so much, thank you for everything that you've done to me,"

"You're the best thing that have ever happened to me," she said.

I bring her hand closer to my cheek before I slowly kiss it, those eyes are looking at me with tears before it falls out of her eyes. I slowly wipe those tears away with tip of my finger, it is sad to see that she's not even able to wipe her tears by herself.

No matter how much I tried to prepare myself for these kind of moment, no matter how many times I told myself that I'm  going to face this moment, I'm not ready and still not ready to let her go. It hurts me to see her suffer but imagining that this person that I love so much will no longer be here, I will never be prepared for that.

I don't want to let her go, not right now.

~

Couple days has passed, her condition is getting worst, her lungs almost give up and I'm here in the room staring at her who's laying on bed surrounded by the family. Her mom, her dad, her step brothers are here, the room filled with tears when the doctor said that her heartbeat is getting weaker.

Her mom is holding on his hand with a piece of tissue in front of her lips, holding a sob, her eyes are red because she's been doing nothing but crying. I can only stand here leaning against the wall while looking at them.

I was looking at them when her eyes suddenly flutter open, she said nothing but I know how much she tried to open those eyes. It look so heavy but it caught mine, I can see those blue eyes are looking at me. There's no more expression, just a blink of an eyes then her mom realize that she's looking at me.