Chapter 44 - stealing my line

Evan Hamilton

The bell rings everyone is heading into the cafeteria because it's lunch time, the final test is coming and I gotta put my head on it. I was in the middle of doing the paperwork when the bell rang, but anyway my stomach has been complaining about wanting food asap. I know I gotta look for Amanda first before going to the cafeteria. I began to dial her number while walking down the hall. My hand is holding my phone right next to my ear when I look at her standing right in front of her locker, staring at it blankly.

I ended the phone call then put my phone back inside of my pocket jeans without my eyes leaving her. She's standing there with a white sweater, blue skinny jeans and a boots. Her eyes are looking down at her locker in front of them while both of her hands are holding on her books. I watch her from a far for a minute until I decided to come forward to her.

"Hey," I said which caught her attention.

She looked at me for a second before her eyes went back to her locker in front of her, which made me turn my head around to look at her locker, trying to find put what's in her mind.

"I wonder how are they going to decorate my locker if I'm gone," she said with her eyes still looking at it. I look at her, freezing, don't know what to do. she was looking at it before her lips turned into a smile, she shakes her head before a tear falling from her eyes.

"Never mind," she tried to laugh it out even though I know it is hard,

She stepped forward to open up her locker to put her stuff inside, I watch her without a words and I've never felt so worthless in my life before. I see a picture of us hanging in her locker, I still remember the day when we took the picture. The day before we knew the storm would come to us, and it breaks my heart a little, knowing that I have no future with her.

"Have you," she suddenly broke the silence, my eyes looked down at her who was trying to say something but she suddenly stopped.

"Have you apply the scholarship admission?" She asked then it makes me stay in silent, I look into her eyes before slowly put my palm on her cheek, my thumb slowly brushes against her cheek.

"How are you still care about other people?" I ask her then she looks away.

"It's not just some people, it's you who I care about,"

"Have you?" She asked once again and I nodded.

"Good," she said.

"I gave away my chance remember? you better get accepted," she said like a though person.

"I will," I said, slowly brushing her head.

"Great," she smiles before making our way to the cafeteria to get ourselves a lunch, she's walking right next to me before my hand slip to hold hers.

Ever since we found out about her condition, every minutes, every second is matter. I know how time flies, I just don't want to waste my time with anybody but her now.

"I was thinking," I said to her while both of us are walking down the hall.

"How about we spend a week at aspen,"

"My family own a home in there and it's always empty, we can invite Audrey, Becca, Adriel and whoever you want,"

"Your mom? Maybe Roni too," I said then her lips curled into a smile,