Chapter 17 - Private

Amanda James

I got home with my mom and texted Audrey and also Evan that I went home early cause I feel sick. This is like the first time I lie to Evan since we officially dating, I didn't mean to lie to him but I feel like he doesn't have to know about what I've heard about me.

But the words keep playing inside of my mind like a broken record. It ruins my mood and I feel like I'm going to cry in a minute. I don't want to think about what they said but I just can't.

I locked myself in my room with a light off but my tv is on, I'm watching one of the tv show from Netflix hoping my mood will get back soon. I was watching the tv when my mom knocked on the door,

"Amanda..," she called my name.

"Yes?" I said.

"Evan is downstairs," she said then I let out a sigh.

"He said he wants to talk to you but he won't get in when I told him to," she said.

"Okay mom," I said.

"You're alright honey?" She asked then I stay in silent for a second.

"I'm fine mom," I said.

"Okay he's waiting for you," she reminds me again then I can hear her footsteps leaving my door.

I suddenly feel bad to leave him just like that, I shouldn't run away like that. He deserves an explanation. I cannot just runaway because of some stupid words that I heard. So I get my hoodie then put it on before decided to come downstairs and meet him outside the house.

I open the door and found him standing out there with his navy hoodie.

"Hi," I said before decided to sit on the stairs on our front porch.

"Aren't you suppose to be at the celebration party?" I stupidly asked him that.

He only stays in silence while his eyes stick with me,

Is he mad?

I get up from the stairs when he's not responding, I feel like I just made a mistake and he's mad at me. I walk closer to him before slowly wrap my arms around him,

"Are you mad at me?" I asked him, then his eyes look down to me.

"Why did you leave?" He asked me.

"You said you're not feeling well but I asked your mom she said that you're fine," he asked me before I pull away.

"Did you lie to me?" He asked.

"I'm sorry that I left you," I said to him.

"I shouldn't left you like that," I said.

"It's not about you leaving," he said.

"It's about you lying," he said.

He is mad at me, I realize that I just make a mistake and how he hates me lying at his face.

"I'm sorry Evan," I said to him.

"I shouldn't be like that," I said to him.

"What happened?" He asked me.

"Nothing," I shake my head while he only let out a sigh like he's pissed.

"Talk to me," he said.

"What happened Amanda, something must be happened I know it," he said while I feel like he keeps pushing me.

His blue eyes are looking at me with disappointment, I didn't know that a little mistake can cause him like this.