Chapter 46 - My Handsome Prom King

Amanda James

"And our prom king goes to," they principal began to open the letter before announcing the winner.

"Evan Hamilton," he said then I look at him while clapping my hand, he looks down at me with a smile before planting a kiss on my left cheek.

"Congratulations babe," I chuckle then let him walk onto the stage.

He accept the crown while I'm watching from a far, proudly smiling at the guy that I love soo much.

"Hi," he said through the mic.

"Hi everyone, I'm so happy to be here to stand in front of you all," he said.

"and I'm so very honored to be crown prom king, thanks for choosing me," he chuckles.

"I can't believe that I gotta stand here at my very last year of high school, time flies, it all went just like that, and I never regret any moment weather it's bad or not,"

"As long as with you all,"

"If I could turn back time, I'd probably choose the same path," he said with a smile on his face.

"We can't stop the time, we can't froze it no matter how bad we want, so let's just live in the moment right now,"

"I know it's a very special night, if you have someone you love, pull them close, tell them, let them know,  if you like someone, tell them, we'll never know if time like this would happen again, so yeah,"

"I'm very grateful for all of you, I really am,"

"Thank you," he said then the crowd began to cheer especially the football players they all are very supportive on Evan, it makes him smile when he sees his buddies being so supportive towards him.

They began to announce the prom queen and it's Becca, who just freshly got back to the room. They called her name and she looks, confused and surprised. She tried to smile even though I know that she's still in shock. I look at Evan who was also looking at Becca who was being crowned on stage, he was looking at her in confused before he looks at me with concerns eyes. Yes, because we might know what happened between the her and Adriel, I shake my head then Evan only stay in silent while waiting for Becca's speech. But again she's not ready with he speech so it was a quick less than a minute speech.

Evan and Becca started to dance on the dance floor before everyone joined them. A minute later Evan excuse himself to come up to me, he asked for a dance and just like how I promised at the rooftop, we dance to the music.

"How is she?" I asked then our eyes are back to Becca who's now talking to her best friend Caroline.

"Still in shock," Evan calmly said.

"Yeah probably," I said then I look at him.

"Anyway, congratulations," I said before pulling him close.

"Great speech," I said then he smiles.

"Really? I didn't plan a thing," he said.

"Yeah Adriel is probably the person that inspires the last part of the speech," I said then he chuckles.

"Yeah thanks to him," he said.

"I said pull your loved ones close," he said pulling me close.

"We're already close enough," I said trying to take a step back but can't, because his strong arms are around my waist locking my position.

"You're not going anywhere," He said then I chuckle trying to push him away but it started to become a competition between us.

We were laughing until we realized that Becca is leaving the room, followed by Adriel not long after.