Chapter 49 - Mom just called me

Evan Hamilton

Woke up pretty late this morning, I usually woke up around 8 in the morning, but I spent most of my night at Amanda's. I went home around 12 last night and now I got up around 10, Amanda's mom told me that I could stay but I don't think it is a good idea, I mean we're comfortable but it is her mom's house so I better got home.

I was laying on bed still about to process everything because I just woke up, someone suddenly knocked on the door which turned out to be Adriel.

Becca looked for him yesterday and now he finally home, I haven't even told him that his girl was looking for him.

"Evan," he calls my name but this time his tone is different, he sounds more worried and it started to make my stomach sick, did something happen.

"What?" I asked.

"Evan, I don't want you to panic," he said but the words only makes me started to panic.

"Mom just called me, she told me to inform you to come to the hospital," Adriel said as he sit on my bed.

"Because Amanda's mom just took her there this morning, because her condition isn't really good," Adriel said then the first thing I look for is my phone. I didn't even get any notifications from anyone, guess mom thought the best way to tell me is through Adriel.

I got up from the bed walking straight to the closet to look for a better outfit, I'm not even thinking about taking a shower.

"You need to calm down okay Evan, she's in the hospital, she's under the professional's control," Adriel trying to inform me.

"And if you wanna visit her the car is ready outside, mom's not letting you to drive," Adriel said from my room.

"Thanks man," I said before walking out of the closet with new clothes, I take my phone and wallet with me as Adriel following me out of the room.

I went straight to the lobby and just like what Adriel has said the car is ready right at the lobby. I got in and just when I was about to close the door behind me Adriel stopped me,

"What?" I asked.

"I'm coming with you," he said then I look at him with question, I can do it all by myself, why would he wanna come with me.

I didn't protest but I move aside, the car began to move right after Adriel got in the car. I look at him before I checked on my phone, texting Amanda asking her about how she's feeling but she doesn't reply.

After a while we finally arrived at the hospital, I have no idea where she is and mom didn't even tell Adriel where she is. We had to come into the front desk to ask what room she's at, turns out they're moving here out of the observation room into a special room, or we call it a VIP room.

Adriel went straight to the elevator to get to the room, which at the fifth floor. When we got there, I can see her laying on bed with her eyes close, surrounded with her mom, her mom's boyfriend, Roni and there's my mom.

"Evan," mom is the first one who notices that I just walked in.

Everyone's look up to see me and there's the moment where I see Amanda's mom, Autumn. Her eyes are red, she covered her nose with a tissue as if like she just finished crying. When I see her like that, I started to feel anxious, like I know something bad is going on.

My mom walk into me with sorry eyes while I still don't know what's happening. I even see Roni also flashing ber sorry eyes before she turn her head around to look back at Amanda's who's laying there asleep with tubes all over her body.

"Evan please follow me," mom said as I calmly follow here with Adriel walking behind me.

Mom and us finally stopped at an empty room which is just next door. She looked into my eyes, and I've never see her like this before, like she wants to deliver a bad news.